Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Javascript Error 45, repairs are futile

May 9, 2012 11:31 AM

Tags: #error #javascript #crashing #indesign_cs3

Hello, I have had the same issue as this guy: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1313096

Javascript error 45, oject invalid, line 387, and then 428. The program then crashes if I click on anything.

I am running CS3 on Windows Vista.

Have tried a system restore to a point before InD was crashing; deleting recovery data; reinstalled the software; then deleted program entirely and resinstalled... Also tried searching for "jsx" files within "startup scripts" as in here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3415159 however, there is no Startup Scripts folder: the Scripts folder has an empty folder in it called Scripts Panel.  (All hidden files are shown). When I remove that folder, another is created upon launching the application.

I also searched for this guy: OEBExportMenuItemLoader.jsx and it did not show up in a search.

The only thing allowing me to run InD is creating a new user. What should I do now? All my stuff is under the old user account. so...is there any way to run InD "as myself" anymore?

Thanks,

Caroline

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 11:54 AM   in reply to AIABaltimore

Try emptying the recovery folder again, then trash your prefs (see Replace Your Preferences) and restart.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to uninstall again and remove prefs when asked, then reboot, run the clean script (see Resolve installation problems with CS5 Cleaner Tool which should also work for CS3), reboot, run MSConfig and turn off all unnecessary startup programs and services, reboot, run the installer, and run MSConfig again to restore normal boot.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 6:11 AM   in reply to AIABaltimore

No limit to the number of times you can install, but activation may become an issue. Deactivate before uninstalling, but worst case is you'll have to call the activation center on the 800 number and get another reset.

You can download the document I used to hand out in my class for installing CS3 from https://www.yousendit.com/download/M3Bua3NkNEgzeUwwZXNUQw. My memory is the installer was very finicky about what was running.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 10, 2012 12:50 PM   in reply to AIABaltimore

Hello, I have had the same issue as this guy: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1313096

Javascript error 45, oject invalid, line 387, and then 428. The program then crashes if I click on anything.

Does that mean your issue also started when you installed 3rd party plugins?

Have you tried removing them?

Many plugins and InDesign components have intenral javascript that could conceivably be the source of these problems...

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to AIABaltimore

In case it is that file causing it, try exporting it to an inx file, then opening that and saving as an InDesign file.  That should strip out that warning.

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    May 10, 2012 11:31 PM   in reply to AIABaltimore

No, the problem did not start with the installation of 3rd party plugins.

Caroline, that means you don't really have "the same issue as this guy."

Cn you tell us a little more about the history of the problem?

When did it start? Was ID working fine beforehand? Is it somehow file-specific?

The information in this thread (above) is somewhat confusing.

If it's file-specific, does the file work in your new user account?

Does the cleaner tool work for CS3? (My vague recollection is that it does?)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points