• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4.1 RC2 - Keep crashing

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded lightroom 4.1 RC2 cause the 4.0 was crashing ( randomly )....

Now i have the same problem using a SINGLE monitor with the release candidate 2 of lr 4.1...

when i change setting fastly, lightroom simply crashes.

I am seriously thinking to go back to version 3 and get a refound by adobe. My studio had to process over 3k images at day and it's impossible to work with this new version.

i am working directly to 5d mk2 cr2

My pc is a windows 7 sp1 64bit:

quad 9300

8gb ram 5-5-5-15 geil black dragon 8500

crucial m4 ssd 128gb

ati 3400 hd

dual monitor ( actually i am using one monitor cause of the known bug of crashes and wrong saturation and contrast in secondary monitor issue )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nobody having this problems in windows system ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having a problem with random crashes with Lightroom 4 on a Windows 7 64 bit computer.  Had no problem with Lightroom 3.  Am concerned.  Hoping Adobe comes up with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too....frequently crashes on window 7pro.  never had the problem with LR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lr 4.0, and Lr 4.1 RC2 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, i7 Quad Core and 16Gb RAM. I have not had a single crash in either 4.0 or 4.1 RCxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done much exporting / importing of catalogs? 90% crash rate on two machines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported 3 Catalogues, to both Lr 4.0 and 4.1RC. I tested exporting the catalogues from both a couple of mins. ago, and all went fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky you.    I was doing catalogs of about 3000 images.   Spent a great deal of time working with my technical staff trying to pinpoint any causes outside of Lr.  Could not find any.  And Lr is theonlyprogrami have crash and never had a crash on lr2 or lr3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange behaviour...not consistent (mine works, yours doesn't). My three catalogs have about 7000 images in each (Canon 5D MkII and 7D CR2's)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main catalog on desktop is just under 70000 images .   Use notebook in field and was Exporting daily shoot of about 3000 images per day and then importing into main catalog on desktop.   7d ,5 d mkii and 5d mk iii raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering same problem, ever since I have started using 4.x (now I am running 4.1 RC2), everytime I export images, Lightroom crashes the whole system. It never happened when I was using Lightoom 3.x. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8GB RAM, SSD III, ATI Radeon 5700, AMD Phenom II X6 (six-core) 2.8 GHz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

When I bought lightroom 4.0 I actually did a complete new system install of Windows 7 SP1 64bit home premium.  The only things installed after the windows 7 + updates installation were:

Photoshop CS6, Adobe Reader, Quicktime, Chrome, Microsoft Security Essentials, Spyder3Pro, Camera Raw 7.1, Lightroom 4.0.

At this point I created a Windows system image.  I then remembered that Lightroom, and not just camera raw, had to be updated to support the 5D mark 3.  After lightroom 4.1 RC2 install, I started getting full system crashes, typically when I had lightroom open.  3 days of trying to figure out what was going on and I gave up.  Yesterday I reimaged my system to pre-lightroom4.1rc2 and so far, no crashes (of course I cannot work on my 5d mark 3 images in lightroom currently).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good news, bad news.....first the bad news, sorry others are having it....good news, is that this many having it might help provide the clues to fixing it.   I have a good copy of LR4.1 rc2 on my notebook , a big photo opp the next several days and plenty of import export time next week....hopefully we can collectiviely identify what is causing the problem and go forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curious if everyone is running the 64 bit that is crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2012 May 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported my one catalogue which has more than 100,000 images with no problem into LR4.0 but it ran so slow and crashed when in Develop mode... since moving to LR4.1 RC and the real 4.1 today, no issues except I could not get the update using Chrome, had to use IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with RC1 so I downloaded RC2 in the hope that it would stop the crashing. In my case the programme would not allow me to move from Library to Develop mode without crashing. It turned out that RC2 did not help. However I finally worked out that the most recent change I had made to the computer (Dell machine running Windows 7) was to install an updated driver for a Wacom tablet. For some reason this driver was interacting with Lightroom 4 and causing it to crash. Once the tablet driver was removed Lightroom is behaving itself again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running the 64 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a problem with it, but haven't updated my wacom tablet driver. Running 64bit windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be interesting to remove the existing tablet driver anyway and see if it made any difference. It could always be reinstalled if it turned out to be a red herring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, might try this. hate playing around with drivers when they don't seem to have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all my waccom drivers, and it continues to crash....actually pretty frequently...never had the problem with LR2 or LR3...happens on two machines running Windows 7...killing productivity.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is just weird....

i backrolled to v4 release...

keep crashing every 3 images now

can't post produce fast.. have to wait it loads, refleshing the istogram... 20 seconds every image instead of 3...

really really weird experience

P.S. i don't have any wacom driver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hate your are having that experience but I guess misery loves company. Unfortunately, I need to RC for processing the 5dmkiii images or go back to using the DNG converter...in any case, even if the crashes were eliminated, the processing speed is best timed with a calendar....killing my productivity....and I use the Nik filters so I prefer to come out of LR as a smart object in Photoshop.....agonzingly slow....hope they figure this out because I am way behind on processing shoots in Alaska and Minnesota....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very much agree, it takes the joy out of processing.

Mine isn't crashing as frequently as yours, it's more that it encounters a problem when looking at the previews then says it will try to rectify the problem when reopened. but it doesn't, I have to reboot the computer.

How do we register this problem, have we done it by using this thread?

thanks,

Brad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines