Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creative Suites and Creative Cloud

Nov 26, 2011 1:27 PM

Tags: #license #cs #creative_cloud

Couple questions here about Creative Suite Products and the Creative Cloud -

Once it is avaliable and you can download and install the CS products will I be allowed to install the products on two different computers like the current CS license allows? 

If I can install it on two computers do they both have to be the same system (IE Windows Desktop but a Mac Laptop).

Thanks for the information!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 28, 2011 10:36 AM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Yes, it should continue to work the same way: You can install and activate on 2 machines, a primary and secondary machine. It doesn't matter whether they are Mac or Win or a combination.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2012 11:12 PM   in reply to Lynda Spangler

Wow! Just to clarify -- will this new cross-platform activation policy apply to "traditional" CS6 licenses? (ie, "boxed" copies and CS5.5 upgrades)?

I have CS 5.5 Master for windows on my desktop PC and a mac laptop, does this mean after upgrading to CS 6 I will be able to use the second product activation of my license on my mac laptop?

And is this also confirmation that a Creative Cloud subscription will come with two computer activations?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 3:51 PM   in reply to jsoley

I was told by a Chat Employee today that this was not the case. He said that the 2 computers have to be the same OS. Can you please verify?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 4:18 PM   in reply to corybagozzi@gmail.com

Both computers do not have to be the same OS.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

On how many computers can I install the software I download from Creative Cloud?

You can install the desktop applications available in Creative Cloud on your primary computer and one backup computer, as long as they are not running at the same time. You will have access to both the Mac OS and Windows versions, so if you have a Mac at home and a PC at work, for instance, you can install your applications on both. See the product license agreements page for more information.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points