Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Master Collection C6 (Student) on my MacBook Pro

Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to install my C6 Master Collection to my MacBook Pro (Lion O/S)..I've already installed this disc on my IMac.

yet I've tried several times to install the program on my laptop (of which I'm allowed to) and I keep getting a "The product you are trying to install is not an Adobe Genuine Software and appears to be counterfiet" Please report piracy or contact customer support for assistance"

Now firstly this is a nonsense as the software disc was purchased via an Education Software retailer..It's an official disc and I have my verified key.

I've rebooted, tried a serial number install, a trail install, cleaned disc.checked my drive (it's ok plays music cd's fine)

I need to use this software on my laptop when I'm away from my home machine..it's frustrating to have this occur. Was wondering what I can do to install the Master Collection cs6 without getting the above error message..basically i want a successful install. hope someone can help..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Yes the installer is the same.  But you will want to use this link instead http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=master_collection&loc=en_xap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search the forum... This has been answered one or two days ago. I just can't find the post on such short notice. You need to delete soem files or turn off the integrity check for the DMG files or something liek that...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try to find it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see can you please try downloading the trial version of Master Collection from http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=master_collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i download the trial version will that work even though i have a student key?? as my discs says education edition.. im in Australia BTW..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the installer is the same.  But you will want to use this link instead http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=master_collection&loc=en_xap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but that's creative suite.. i have Master Collection.. do i miss out on other programs if i do so??? (thanks for your replies)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apologies for being "pendantic" re product name have started download via assistant and logged in via my Adobe ID...hopefully it will work..again many thnaks for help J.A.W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff..problem solved!! i now can work at home and on the road..with either my imac or macbook pro..great to be onboard the CS6 train..many thanks for your help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent great to hear Cowgirl99!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive the same error message when installing the trial of Master Collection CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, this was an "outright" install meaning I just put the didc in and got the error message..I tried key install & trail install options as prompted at start up..both times no good...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines