Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Question on CCloud Flash Builder 4.6 install

May 10, 2012 7:36 AM

Hello,

I curretly have Flash Builder 4.6 installed on my computer - it was originally installed as FB4.5 when I installed MC CS 5.5  -- but the 4.6 version was made available as a separate installation from MC.5 when it became available last November -- so I now have FB 4.6 as a stand-alone install.

My question is this -- do I need to uninstall my stand-alone installation of FB4.6 in order to install MC6 via my CCloud subscription (when it becomes available on May 11) -- or will the FB 4.6 install in CS6 install without errors (in a different location?). The reason I would like to do this is that FB can sometimes be buggy and I have the current install working well. I would like to install the new FB 4.6 and make sure i works and compiles well before uninstalling  last December's stand-alone verson of FB 4.6.

Thanks 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 4:26 PM   in reply to bobba1

Hi Bobba1,

The apps included in the Creative Cloud Membership are installed individually, so you could just not install FB and leave the current stand alone install you have as is.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 5:37 PM   in reply to bobba1

I think its the same version as you installed previously. I'm just seeing 4.6 as the version number.

For switching it to subscription, it is possible to do so without reinstalling. You would just need to deactivate it from the Help menu, close and relaunch it, after which it will be in trial mode and you can sign in with the Adobe ID associated with your subscription (when active) and use the "License this product" option.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points