Skip navigation
flyingtommy@aol.com
Currently Being Moderated

Can't load any transitions in Premiere Elements 10

Oct 9, 2011 6:21 PM

OK. I know this is a newbie question, but so be it.

Just installed my brand-new boxed version of Elements 10, Windows 7, 64-bit version, and I can't get any of the transitions to load. Get the perpetual hourglass symbol when I try to enter the transitions section from either the pulldown menu or the screen list. The entire section seems stuck. Am able to open all of the effects, titles, and themes, and find media clips. Just can't get any of the fades, dissolves, or other transitions to even show up on the screen, much less actually click and drag any of them into the timeline. Do I need to re-install of the entire prrogram?

I'm working on a high-definition World War II documentary and need this program to work. Have been waiting for months for the software to show up on local shelves.

Many thanks for any shared wisdom from the Forum.

Flyingtommy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 10, 2011 5:04 AM   in reply to flyingtommy@aol.com

What kind of camcorder is your video coming from and what format is your video?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which settings did you choose? If your project settings match your video format, you should NOT see red lines above the clips when you add them to your timeline or until you add effects to them.

Matching project settings to your video is vital to the program's optimal performance.

Also, make sure you've got the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com, per the program's requirements.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 5:08 AM   in reply to flyingtommy@aol.com

Glad you're up and running in any event, Tommy.

Fingerprint identification software?! Yipes! Who do you work for? The CIA?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2011 8:10 AM   in reply to flyingtommy@aol.com

Tommy,

Thank you for the detailed report. Other than my general admonition, "turn off all unnecessary programs and processes," I would never have thought of fingerprint verification security software, but now know both to look for it in others' systems, and also have one idea of how it can conflict with PrE. You taught me some things along the way, and hopefully I can share that with others.

BTW - besides the Transitions, did you observe any other issues?

Again, thank you for taking the time, and posting your solution. Also nice to hear that Adobe T/S really came through. That was not always the case, but I know that they are working hard to improve T/S. Good report on Manush too.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2011 9:10 PM   in reply to flyingtommy@aol.com

I had this happen on my HP Pavillion dv6 as well.  To be clear, the solution was to uninstall the "HP SimplePass Identity Protection" software.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 3:44 PM   in reply to flyingtommy@aol.com

Hi,

I'm not as pleased with tech support as you were. They still aren't aware of the conflict with the HP fingerprint reader software. One technician had me turn off Authentication but didn't tell me it was disabling my fingerprint reader. When I called HP to reactivate the reader, then I had the reoccurring problem in Premier. I discovered your post to know what was causing the problem. I have an open case now to see whether there's some other solution. Are you using your fingerprint reader at all? I find it convenient and don't want to have to constantly turn it off and on to use Premier.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 8:35 PM   in reply to cjlove43

SOooo lame, though I'm glad I found this post because I was getting real frusterated.....

Guess I need to actually remember my passwords now

Time to open a ticket, this should be addressed!

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to Coacher95

I opened a ticket with Adobe, but got no solution other than turning off the HP fingerprint reader. Guess there aren't enough HP and Premier users, or not enough who realize what the problem is or complain loudly enough to get a better solution.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to cjlove43

Reporting the issue to Adobe is the best course of action.

Adobe takes Bug Reports, and Feature Requests seriously, and when those reach "critical mass," Adobe will assign coders to work on the issues.

Not sure how popular the HP fingerprint reader is, but if enough users have the problem, then something will be done from Adobe's end.

I would also report the issue to HP, as the "fix" might be easy on their end.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

HP said they can't control third-party software, and Adobe said "neither can they." Is there a better way of reporting issues than calling customer support? My experience has been that calling any software/hardware customer support is helpful maybe 50% of the time--if you have hours to spend on the phone. I haven't looked at the Adobe site lately but was thoroughly confused when I was trying to find support for Premier Elements.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:39 AM   in reply to cjlove43

There WAS a Web page for reporting Bugs and Feature Requests, but fairly recently, Adobe moved those to the "Photoshop Family," and I am not sure how effective that is now. The link is: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

but, IIRC, one needs to navigate to "Photoshop Family," or similar, and I am not sure how useful that will be now. Not sure why the move, as it WAS a straightforward procedure once, but as others have reported, not so easy now.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points