Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Downloading and installing desktop apps from Creative Cloud

Dec 4, 2012 4:19 PM

Tags: #install #download #creative_cloud #adobe_application_manager ##cc_aam_acorbatx

This movie gives you a quick overview of how to download and install the Adobe Application Manager and all of the desktop applications that come with Creative Cloud membership.

pic.png

Watch the movie (02:17 min.)

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I cant seem to get Acrobat X to install it keeps saying the file seems tpo be corrupt

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to nbphotographix

I downloaded the Acrobat X trial fine and it seems to be installed ok - is there any way to check if its fully registered or running in trial mode?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I am also having trouble getting the App Manager to install.  Mine just says "Adobe Application Manager failed to install" ... no additional info. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I can't open the Application Manager. When I download it, Avira opens up and tells me that a virus or unwanted program "ADWARE/Adware.Gen7" was found in AdobeApplicationManager.exe and that access to the file is denied??

HELP!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to verbalan

Same as verbalan..

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:26 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

No help on this? Because the Application Manager won't run, it means we can't download any of the applications??!!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to verbalan

Is there a way around this in Avira? Why is it flagging as a virus (worrying!) ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:43 PM   in reply to verbalan

Just download and install the trial versions. When you sign in with your adobe ID it recognises your cloud sub and activates the full version of the apps.

All working great for me now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:54 PM   in reply to DyManic75

Where do you sign in into the app? Trying to run MUSE after the download from CC, now running in trial mode, but get no chance to sign i somewhere; on the launch screen only choices shown are "buy" "quit" and "run in trial mode" (do not know exactly commands/buttons on the englisch versions as i am running geman version, sorry)

Thanks for any feedback on this issue!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to RADEBAR

I didn't try that app but with Photoshop, illustrator and dream weaver I just picked trial during install it then asked me to login and once I had done that it came up and said something about creative cloud sub activated I think.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

Nice movie but in the real world it does not work.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 6:51 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

I did each step shown in that movie. Although when I hit the install button on the AAM to download one of the apps it fails. It will in fact download it, and it will begin to install, but then all of a sudden the AAM stops responding and I get the rainbow wheel. I'm running Snow Leopard on a brand new MacBook Pro.  I attempt to "Force Quit" but even the force quit window won't respond. The computer basically freezes and I have to manually restart.

I've seen people reccommend downloading the trials and doing it that way, but sadly the exact same thing happens. It downloads, gets to 50% (for PS) and then it simply stops and the rainbow wheel begins spinning and renders my laptop useless and the only possible thing I can do it manually reboot. Any ideas? Reccomendations? 

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I installed a trial version of Acrobat X Pro while waiting for your launch. I installed all the apps on both my machines. Next I tried to use use Acrobat X Pro, but I was blocked - I continued to get the NAG window that says I'm still in trial mode. Apparently I made a wrong turn next. I couldn't find a serial number (or whatever you use to register copies to turn off the NAG window). So I next uninstalled the trial version.

I intended to reinstall your software to hopefully shut off your NAG window. Your Adobe Applicatipon Manager still shows the app as "Installed."

How do I get Acrobat X Pro reinstalled now? That is the main program I use every day in business.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 8:06 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I lost the ability to download the application manager on Mac, when I click on Apps and Services, is there anywhere I can download it? I tried downloading the trial version of MC CS6 and the initializer wont open and errors out. Help

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

I was on the phone with Adobe on Friday for 2 hours.  It's ridiculous that we can't get this stuff to install and work.  I had an appointment to leave for, so they copied some logs and said they'd call me back on Monday ... Grrrrr!

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 1:58 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

I download the file and waited for the installer to run with no action from thapplication for hours, nothing happens. what do I need to do diffently?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:12 PM   in reply to TRINITYGREER

There is an assortment of topics currently in this thread.  If you are having problems installing the applications from the Adobe Application Manager please try downloading and installing the trial.  When it asks you to sign in please enter the Adobe ID related to your Creative Cloud membership.  This will work for all applications except Acrobat.  For Acrobat you will need to first run another one of the Creative applications using your Creative Cloud Adobe ID after Acrobat is installed.  It should then remove the trial restrictions.

I would encourage those of you having difficulties with your installation through the Adobe Application Manager to post a new thread to our Creative Cloud Download & Install FAQ - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_clou d_faq.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Except Acrobat for Mac isn't available as a trial.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

This does not work for  me.  I am still stuck in Trial mode.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:10 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Acrobat X does not seem to recognise the Creative Cloud subscription and activate so is stuck in trial mode. Trial versions installed and activated fine for all the other apps I needed.

Everything installs fine on my Mac at home through AAM - its just the work Windows PC that has the issue.

I spoke to someone on live chat who said it was a server issue with Acrobat and would be fixed shortly but I still keep getting trial popups 2 days later. Please help.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

When I click on the download link it just sends me to a blank page. What am I doing wrong? I want to start downloading.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 1:55 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hey Jeff, how do I actually speak to a human being at Adobe? I have paid for a Creative Cloud Membership which I apparently started paying for more than a month ago but my https://creative.adobe.com/apps page continues to be blank. I have spent hours searching the Adobe site for answers. All I can find are many more equally frustrated people and an endless loop back to the same people asking the same questions with no answers. Next time you suggest "try downloading and installing the trial" please provide a link to the trials we are supposed to be able to download.

|
    Mark as:
    May 28, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to Duane E. Martin

So one month into my subscription the Creative Cloud Apps web page remains blank, my serial number does not work on trial software, and I think it is time to look into getting a refund before I am charged another month for absolutely nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 12:44 AM   in reply to Duane E. Martin

Not quite a month yet but still keep nagging trial messages from Acrobat X Pro. Think I have 15 days of trial left now then I wont be able to use Acrobat.

Adobe have not been able to help

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to DyManic75

For those who have tried the solutions offered in this thread I would encourage you to start a new discussion in the

Creative Cloud Download & Install FAQ - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_clou d_faq.  This will allow myself and other members of the community to review your specific circumstances.

If you would prefer to work directly with our support team you can contact our chat support by utilizing http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  For voice support you will want to navigate to Adobe.com and choose Help and Contact Us.  You will then be able to locate the phone number appropriate to your region.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2012 7:55 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

I watched the movie and ltimately uninstalled everything Adobe software to start fresh. On the movie it instructs you to FIRST DL and install the Creative Cloud manager app but i can't find the app anywhere!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 1, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to Thomasjperez1

I rewatched the video and the only reference I have seen is for the Adobe Application Manager.  Is this what you are looking for?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2012 1:47 AM   in reply to DyManic75

where can I get the trial versions from?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to Kim Isola

I was having major issues too. Trial downloads are nowhere to be found. Adobe's replies above are seriously cagey and cryptic.

SOLUTION:

I had to manually download the Adobe Application manager from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774

Installed it, opened it, put in my Adobe ID, and it sees a list of my Adobe Creative Cloud Apps to download individually.

It's boggling why this solution hasn't been written sooner by Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to TristanSF

Completely agreed TristanSF.

Also, this page, https://creative.adobe.com/#apps, has a Download link for Gaming Tools that only gives an error and no download. I asked the support team via chat and I was told that he would recommend the phone service to me.

Wich I called and I was told they dont know at this time.

The download link takes you to this page: http://www.adobe.com/go/GamingTools

That link forrwards you to: https://www.adobe.com/products/gaming/tools.html

That link opens up a blank page and my web browser just tells me "Error on page" and leaves an Exclamation point inside of a triangle at the bottom left.

No download starts or stops, no activex prompt, nothing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to earwood95

Earwood95 I tried to reproduce the behavior you described but was unable too.  I utilized Safari 6.0.2 on Mac OS and Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 on Windows 7.  I also tried both on the Adobe network as well as my home network.  I was able to reach the page https://www.adobe.com/products/gaming/tools.html successfully.

Have you tried utilizing a different web browser?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 9:48 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Same here. Can't download gaming tools.

I logged in on ccloud, gone to https://www.adobe.com/products/gaming/tools.html and then clicking on download button takes you to http://gamingdl.adobe.com/ with contents: File not found.

Browsers:

Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m

Firefox 17.0.1

Safari 5.1.4 (7534.54.16)

On IE 9.0.8112.16421 clicking on download takes you again to http://www.adobe.com/go/GamingTools   then click on scout again and the same thing...

Windows 7 Pro 64.

I'm running out of browsers!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 11:47 AM   in reply to AmpDev

AmpDev perhaps try temporarily disabling your security software and seeing if the problem persists?  I haven't tested the page again since December 19th but it seems more likely it is a browser or security setting issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 12:50 PM   in reply to AmpDev

Same problem here.

The page https://www.adobe.com/products/gaming/tools.html fails to load completely.

There's a failed AJAX request at URL https://www.adobe.com/api/profile/products?_=1360010888703 which returns "Stormcloud::Core::AuthenticationError".

I'm using Chrome 24.0.1312.56 on Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 2:36 PM   in reply to hugostonge

Thank you I have reproduced and reported the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 2:52 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Any fix for this?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to No Worries Creative Ltd

Nothing which can be implemented on your end.  As discussed I have reproduced the issue with the page already.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 5:28 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

After installing the app for After Effects I had an issue and had to restore my computer and uninstall the app. Why is it that once I installed the product, the Application Manager will not give me the option of re-downloading and re-installing it?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

How do you get this to stop other than marking it spam?

I checked, I couldn't find a link as explained at the bottom of your email: In

the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.In

the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Please take me off the list.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)