Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Application manager not showing apps as installed

May 11, 2012 2:09 AM

Tags: #adobe #creative #cloud #creative_cloud #application_manager

Hi,

I have a shiny new creative cloud membership and it's been activated etc. I had the master collection installed on two PC's in trial mode.

I downloaded the Adobe Application Manager (AAM) this morning and can see that the apps allow me to install again. They don't reflect that they are already installed.

1) will installing apps individually over the top of a master collection install break anything? I can't imagine it's a good idea.

2) Will the AAM show updates etc to already installed apps?

I'm a bit confused as to the best path for a new creative cloud member to install the apps - I was kind of expecting a master collection (install all apps) in the AAM.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 2:20 AM   in reply to SiliconPixel

They all install into the same place, no matter what package you installed. I don't think it should cause any problems, except perhaps some confusion when you go to uninstall the programs. I'm just reinstalling from AAM, over the top of the Master Collection tryout, and I haven't seen any problems yet.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 2:46 AM   in reply to SiliconPixel

Hi SiliconPixel,

There is a known limitation with the detection logic in AAM for already installed apps through the suite installer for this first release of Creative Cloud Membership.

However, be rest assured, that you can keep using the apps already installed through the suite. Also, installing them again, From within AAM will not break anything as we have the same applications bundled in CS6 Master Collection and it will simply reinstall.

Another reason could be that Master collection is installed in a different language than the language AAM picked up by default on the system.

As long as you used the same adobe id to register trial and purchase Creative Cloud Membership, you don't need to do anything extra.

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 4:14 AM   in reply to bhatnaga

I can't seem to get a clean Uninstall for CS6 so I can use my Creative Cloud account. Please help. I already nuked eveything with the cleaner. No avail.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 4:32 AM   in reply to theadventurefirm

theadventurefirm,

Please check your private messages on the forum. I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to bhatnaga

I seem to have two Application Manager apps on my system (Mac OSX 10.8.2, MacBook Pro 8,2).  One in Utilities/Application Manager and another that gets launched from the "Updates" in the application "Help" menu.  The one in Utilities shows all my CS 6 (Design/Web Premium physically purchased/downloaded-not Cloud) applications as available to try, not showing updates.  The one launched from within the app "Updates" shows no updates, but here in Adobe there is an update, i.e. Photoshop 13.0.2.  I have a couple other programs that scan for apps that need updatiing and all the Adobe ones try unsuccessfully to use Application Manager to updates when an update shows.

I have one app, Muse, which I've subscribed to in Creative Cloud.  Could this be messing up things?  I do see all CS apps in the Creative Cloud (my CS6 ones), not just Muse.  But I haven't tried to use them.  I'm don't like the Creative Cloud and have to wait a year for the subscription to end, there is no way of cancelling it once committed; so I'm stuck with the Muse Creative Cloud (@ $14.95/month).

bhatnaga wrote:

Hi SiliconPixel,

There is a known limitation with the detection logic in AAM for already installed apps through the suite installer for this first release of Creative Cloud Membership.

However, be rest assured, that you can keep using the apps already installed through the suite. Also, installing them again, From within AAM will not break anything as we have the same applications bundled in CS6 Master Collection and it will simply reinstall.

Another reason could be that Master collection is installed in a different language than the language AAM picked up by default on the system.

As long as you used the same adobe id to register trial and purchase Creative Cloud Membership, you don't need to do anything extra.

Regards,

Anirudh

Suggestions?

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2012 11:21 PM   in reply to golf25radioman

golf25radioman - I see that you have posted here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4915929#4915929#4915929 detailing your progress.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 11:34 AM   in reply to Ken G. Rice

Ken G. Rice wrote:

golf25radioman - I see that you have posted here http://forums.adobe.com/message/4915929#4915929#4915929 detailing your progress.

Yes, that pretty much the details of attempts to get CS6 Design and Web Premium Suite to "play" well with Adobe Application Manager.  One note (and I'll add this over there) - today with AAM open I clicked on Preferences.  All my CS6 suite apps are not listed there (of note particular note are Photoshop and Illustrator; the apps that updated okay on my Mac Pro), and on the Mac Pro AAM all the CS6 suite apps are listed in the preferences.  Is this any help to why the MacBook Pro & Mac Pro CS6 suite AAM act different?  They shouldn't, they were installed from the same file, only difference is the OS - the MBPro is Mountain Lion 10.8.2, the Mac Pro is Lion 10.7.5 (and the obvious CPU, etc.).

IMHO, it has something to do with the new Creative Cloud implemtation from the old CS suite (physical/download).  I have one Creative Cloud app - Muse, the rest is physical download CS6 Design and Web Premium (upgrade from CS5.5).  What do you think?

Tom

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points