Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 Unbelieveable bug!

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Please tell me someone is having this issue.  When I open an image in PS CS6 all is well.  Once I move the document, it snaps itself to the top left.  If I move it and try to place it somewhere else, it moves itself a little higher to the top left.  The more I move it the more it snaps higher.  If I move it over 5 times it covers the main menu bar (File   Edit   Layer   View   Filter) and so on.  This renders the app useless as you can no no longer access the native menu to do anything to the image.

I am on Windows 7x64 (SP1)  with a Wacom Tablet.  Within PS I've disabled, Tabs for windows (Both check marks) as well as Flick Panning, and animated zoom.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Patrick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

It's a pretty blatant bug, but some workarounds have been discovered.

It has to do with having your Windows Taskbar up at the top of the display.

You can work around the bug by setting your Taskbar to Auto-Hide itself.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving your query to the Photoshop forum. The experts here are better placed to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, how can I find it there?

-P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pretty blatant bug, but some workarounds have been discovered.

It has to do with having your Windows Taskbar up at the top of the display.

You can work around the bug by setting your Taskbar to Auto-Hide itself.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all!!!

Noel, your solution was excellent.  I am a top bar user (I used to be a Mac Guy).  I will use the bar auto-hidden until it is fixed.  (Adobe, please fix this).  🙂

Tina.  I've just downloaded and noticed this as I am a top bar user as Noel mentioned.  I didn't go through all those items as i've not installed anything other than a fres CS6 this morning.

This works though!  Thank you.

-Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have a bug report logged in our system and it's under investigation.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psurace99 wrote:

Thank you, how can I find it there?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1002791?tstart=0

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow big thanks for Noel, I'm having this same issue since I'm using window with top taskbar at my office,and mac at home. hopefully Adobe can fix this soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick,

I'm not seeing this behavior.

Does this happen only when your images are floating in windows?

Did it ever work correctly in Photoshop CS6?

Have you tried resetting your preferences? (restart Photoshop and immediately press & hold Shift+Opt+Ctrl.)

If you choose to Tile or Cascade your images, does that move the images into a normal position?

Do you have any third party plug-ins?

Did you move any plug-ins from a previous version of Photoshop in to CS6?

Please restart Photoshop and press Shift immediately after, and say Yes that you want to not load your plug-ins and see if that helps.

thanks!

tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are too fast for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tinaTS wrote:

You guys are too fast for me!

But we can't fix the root cause of the problem, though I'll be more than happy to discuss contract work. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA, I wish.

I'm documenting this in the knowledgebase, so this will probably help other customers, too. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2012 May 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that bug, too.

Photoshop CS6 in Windows 7 64bit, I also use Wacom Tablet. I can't move window correctly, I hate the bug,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and I have my Windows taskbar at the top of the screen too.

Someone at the top of this thread said that "some workarounds" have been discovered; is there another besides auto-hiding the taskbar? I'd really rather not do that, it messes up my workflow. I think I might just keep using CS5 until Adobe gets this bug fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is very annoying. The worst part is this bug was announced WELL before the final release and Adobe released the software knowing the bug existed. That's pretty unexcusable in my opinion. I can't even use CS6 with this problem, hiding the main taskbar is NOT an option for me, are they kidding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround is to use Tabbed view.

Regarding the software being released after the bug having been reported during beta, that's a particular beef of mine as well about Adobe's processes...  Consider the fact that the released software has a build date of several days BEFORE the start of the public beta.

Thing is, it's probably unreasonable to hold release until every known bug is eradicated, but this is kind of an obvious one, and it was (potential) customer-reported. 

I'm not sure what kind of meetings were held to discuss going forward with the release, but this problem and the one also found during beta where text gets corrupted and the corruption is saved in the PSD file make me wonder what would be considered a "show stopper" bug.  Add to this the fact that the help documentation really still is not done and it sure seems like the pressure to release must be unreasonable.

Looking forward to the 13.0.1 update...

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I hate the tabs view more than than the snap glitch. I'm not sure if any designers actually work that way, I can't imagine having multiple documents open and using tabs on a 30" monitor, not for me, defeats the purpose of it all.

Anyhow, all these bugs are pretty bad. I had the text corruption bug as well but just assumed they fixed it before the final release. If they didn't then I'm definitely downgrading the CS5. That was a show stopper bug and a half to put it lightly.

Exactly how can ANY bugs be allowed to go into a final release? That is insanity. Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The release build came a few weeks AFTER the start of the public beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what software you have, Chris, but the released Photoshop.exe on my system is dated 3/15/2012.

The public beta started on what, 3/21/2012?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another work around is to use Photoshop cs6 on a duel monitor, I have my desktop on one and photshop on the other, problem solved and yes my taskbar is on the top.   Really if your a graphic designer you should have more then one monitor right?  I'm not trying to be snarky here but.....  8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA, I say two monitors is a poor mans setup. One 28+ monitor is FAAAAR better. Who wants some black bar down the center? Not me. Get a big monitor, they are cheap these days for a nice IPS, not much more than a grand for a decent one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several reasons why multiple monitors are far superior to a super-wide one.  Chief among those reasons is the ability to set them at an angle to each other so as to minimize head turning and viewing angle distortion.  The tone of your post makes it unnecessary to address other reasons in detail.  You're just trolling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally, I prefer dual large monitors, and also an NTSC calibrated monitor, to grade my video.

Whether in PS, or PrPro, there is no substitute for monitor real estate.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well actually I have 3- 28inch monitors, two side by side and one in portrait mode. So I wouldn't say my setup is personally a poor mans party. If you only have one monitor when working in a professional environment then I would say your boss is either cheap or your not a professional.   Like I said I can only offer what works for me, when it comes to this crappy bug in Photoshop cs6 that's been around since FREAKING MAY, ADOBE< HOW EMBARRASSING IT MUST BE>>>>>ADOBE FAIL!!!   8(

beathorse.gif

Not that I'm trying to beat a dead horse to death or anything.. 8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Well actually I have 3- 28inch monitors, two side by side and one in portrait mode"

Finally I find another person who likes a portrait setup....I only have dual monitors but one is landscape (primary) and the other portrait...works for me; especially when viewing portrait docs/images....and I keep all my panels there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines