Skip navigation
JamesMcLuckie
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message When Installing eLearning Suite on New PC

May 11, 2012 1:32 AM

Hi. I have been using the eLearning Suite 2 since its launch last year. I recently treated myself to a new PC (64 bit, Windows 7) and have downloaded the software again from the Adobe site so that I could reinstall it.

The download (via the Akami download) seems to go fine until I try to extract the files. I then get the following error message: A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder.

The priviledges are all fine, as I have installed a lot of software into exactly the same folder already. And there's about 600GB of space left on the drive. I also also came across the files that I used before to install the suite on my old PC, and got exactly the same message.

Am at a loss to understand what is wrong. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 1:51 AM   in reply to JamesMcLuckie

Your partition is larger than 500GB. Downsize it to something below. Older software cannot deal with such large drives - a limitation in older file I/O APIs.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 2:30 AM   in reply to JamesMcLuckie

Please reall do try. It's easy enough in Win 7's disk management utility. "Installing it on a separate drive" has no mkeaning - some components will always end up on teh system root drive regardless and then the issue would stil lbe the same.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to JamesMcLuckie

Ah, good to know. Strange that they got corrupted. That (known) issue should long be fixed...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points