Skip navigation
Randy Stakeman
Currently Being Moderated

If I upgrade my computer can I remove downloaded Creative Cloud applications and re-install them?

May 11, 2012 9:14 AM

I plan to upgrade by primary computer later this year.  If I download Creative Cloud applications now can I later remove them and re-install them on the new computer?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Randy Stakeman

Ditto - I have the same question

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Randy Stakeman

Hi,

Yes you can remove and reinstall Creaive Cloud application later but make sure to de-activate the software before uninstalling it in order to save one instance.

Sumit Singh

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to Sumit Singh

Can you go into more detail on the deactivation process?

For example, in CS5.5 there is an uninstaller link which (optionally) can deactivate during the uninstall

The CC Application Manager does not seem to provide either a deactivate or uninstall option.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:51 AM   in reply to Mike Howard\'s Screen name

Launch the product and in the help menu of the product, you will see the deactivate option.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 10:00 AM   in reply to saurabhGupta1403

Sounds like we have to deactivate:

1. one application at a time [in CS5.5 I can uninstall & deactivate multiple applications, which is much more convenient]

2. deactivation must be done on the physical computer which hosts the application instance.

Is this true?

Feature Request: remote deactivation of applications by informing adobe to deactivate while logged in on adobe account.  This cleanly solves two problems:

1. forgetting to deactivate s/w prior to scrubbing a computer which is leaving service

2. needing to run on a third computer w/o violating the adobe license. [several people have posted queries about this because they have a desk computer and two laptops or are temporarily using someone else's computer]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points