• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do I have to download all the Creative Cloud apps at once?

Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Creative Cloud lets you install each app individually whenever it works best for you. Mix and match and install whatever you want.

Read more in the Creative Cloud FAQ

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Locking this discussion since it from 2012 and was before the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application was widely available.

Robin, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html for information on how to download any needed desktop applications through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. If you have additional questions, please feel free to start a new public discussion or click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to begin a secu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great but, I installed 3 apps, then had work to do and closed the Adobe Application Manager. Launched it to install another app but now it only shows all applications are up to date.

How do I get the list of available applications back as it was before I closed AAM?

Thanks,

Landon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I found that to get the list back I have to run the AAM download package again. There must be another way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you launching the Adobe Application Manager from?  Also which operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launching the AAM from the dock, Mac. When I launch the download package however I get the original list with options to download or launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X Lion, 10.7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you add it too your dock?  You will want to launch the Adobe Application Manager from the Applications folder.  For more details please see Creative Cloud | Opening the Adobe Application Manager prompts to check for updates - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/aam-check-updates.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the application list view (install, installed, launch) there is no update information. Quitting the application then launching from dock presents the updates window but no option to install apps.  Seems broken to me, this can't be the desired behavior.

Thanks for the follow up though, at least now I know how to work around it.

Landon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working to resolve this issue in a future version of the Adobe Application Manager.  For the moment it is is necessary as the Alias/Shortcut sends over additional commands to the Adobe Application Manager when invoked.  You can add the alias to your dock if you wish.  Although you will have duplicate icons when it is launched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, now I see no way to check for updates other than go through the process of launching AAM from the dock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should creative cloud take a long tine to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends upon our internet speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @robinleemalik, as @Peru Bob explained, it depends on your internet connection speed and the computer or mobile tool that you prefered to download. Also, the Creative Cloud App is very useful to manage your downloads and updates as works as a one-point hub where you can manage all your actions, connections, and information. Once, you downloaded and open your app, the rest of operational speed and action due to your choice 

Assoc. Prof. Behiç Alp Aytekin | Adobe Mentor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion since it from 2012 and was before the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application was widely available.

Robin, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html for information on how to download any needed desktop applications through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application. If you have additional questions, please feel free to start a new public discussion or click on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to begin a secure chat session with a member of our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines