Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a Creative Cloud member, why is my app launching as a trial? Mac OS 10.7.4

Jun 27, 2012 1:40 PM

Tags: #trial #creative_cloud

If you are using Mac OS 10.7.4, your Creative Cloud apps may launch as trials.  To resolve this please:

1. Launch one of the problem Creative Cloud applications.
  2. On the Creative Cloud app trial screen, click License This Software.
  3. Sign in with your Adobe ID associated with your Creative Cloud membership.

UPDATE: For more information, see: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I'm having this problem and when I click on "Sign In" - the only screen I get is to input a license number. There is no opportunity to sign in independently.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 11:02 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I've re-booted and tried it again. It worked now - thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Problem shows on OS X 10.7.3 also - even after confirming/verifying the eMail adress and rebooting. Any further idea on how to solve that puzzle and get the apps running in trial mode to full operational mode?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

BTW: Clicking "buy" button (at least in german version) brings you directly to the Adobe online store - and not to a screen where it might be possible to enter Adobe ID

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 1:22 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff, thanks for the quick reply - just logged back into my CC account and was surprised that all the apps have been back again to "download in trial mode" - logging out and back in again - apps are back to "download".

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to mbook design

I paid for this thing, i was able to download Photshop CS 6 Ok but now it wants a serial number or for me to pay up. I did nto get a welcome letter, I never heard form anyone after I paid for th subscription. So what happens now

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 5:31 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Yep...I do steps 1, 2 and 3 everytime. Today PS asked, yesterday twice ID asked and once for Ill....clicking the License This Software button shows me signed in already.

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 1:48 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have bought a CC 1 year licence. Received mail from adobe. Bank account billed.

Running Macos 1,7,3.

Quite every time I start Photoshop CS 6 it says that the CC trial period has expired (I installed CS6 premium from trial a few days before CC was activated)

It ask to connect oline to activate -  then it activate properly but again next time I open ask for activation.But if I am not online it's not working !!!!

Each time i try to use camera Raw from bridge (command + R ) it says that a proper software needs to be activated before so I can't do batch processing but if I try to open one raw image in photoshop from bridge it opens camera Raw then opens properly in Photoshop CS6.

Is there a link between the two problem ?? why ask for activation every time ? how to use Camera Raw ? How to work ofline????

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

It doesn't work. All I get is to put a License Number. I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.4.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:39 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Those steps ???

1. Launch the application which says you are in trial mode.

2. On the Creative Cloud application trial screen, click on "License this Software".

3. Sign in with your Adobe ID associated with your Creative Cloud membership.

Yes I explain that I license again and again ... problem is that i have to be online to do that.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:42 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Do I really have to create a whole new admin account?

Ill do it for testing purposes but in the meantime, opened up ID this morning to this, yesterday was Illustrator.

Screen Shot 2012-05-25 at 11.39.10.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 5:00 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am having the similar issues. At work I run OS X 10.7.4. It continually asks me to license the software. I sign in and everything runs fine, but then later it asks for it again. It is a bit bothersome. My home PC is running Windows 7 and there have been no issues with asking to license again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 26, 2012 4:18 AM   in reply to MoD_Andy

You are completely right. Create a new admin account it is not a solution, it's a bad patch.

|
    Mark as:
    May 27, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to jadawan

This link has resolved my problem with the trial version issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-trial-mode.htm l

In my case it was a language problem; I bought an english version of creative cloud and installed it in spanish becose my OS X version.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 4, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to PJ Artiles

Still no fix ? or any idea from Adobe ???

My photoshop keeps asking me for licensing !!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to XR21

today i juste got a mail indicating that my one year CC will expire in 7 days ?????? (one month 3 days after i subscribed)

is there someone here from Adobe that can tell us what's happening with the CC system?

I pay and still can't license

As a professionnel I want something that work on a day to day basis not asking everiday if i will be able to use my software to do my work tommorow or if there will be antother license problem!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Adobe clearly has no intention of addressing this issue as evidenced by the telephone support person who hung up on me and the failure of anyone in this venue to offer any help. The forum indicates that this is a widespread issue. Is Adobe even making an attempt to support these obvious problems with Creative Cloud?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff I have tryed everythinh and it's still the same !!

Here is today screen !!! We have the time I have 8 years of evaluation time left !!

to bad it came back to 26 two hours later !!

Capture d’écran 2012-06-06 à 14.23.01 - copie.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to XR21

@ XR21 , do you have the CS5 installed on your machine along with the CS6 ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2012 11:37 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Yes; why would that be an issue. I certainly don't want to give up the only non-subscription copy of Photoshop that I have unless or until Creative Cloud is sorted out, which currently seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2012 3:31 AM   in reply to garycsan

Illustrators turn today. Yep I have 10.7.4 and yep I still have InDesign CS5 installed because I need it still (maybe that has something to do with it?)

Screen Shot 2012-06-07 at 11.07.10.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 3:18 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

What do you mean by totaly completed ?? all the fields ??

I did that .

no change

and from today I can activate anymore !!! photoshop is asking for a serial !!

Capture d’écran 2012-06-09 à 11.52.39 - copie.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2012 4:03 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

yes 10,7,3... is CC 10.7.4 only ??

answered manish on the other thread.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

so I have the exact same problem except I am using 10,7,3...  so it seems is not a 10,7,4 issue it is a CS6 on 10,7 issue ...

any idea on how to solve it ?

the main interest of all that is that now everybody in this thread knows that downgrading their system to 10,7,3 won't solve it

:-p

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to XR21

@XR21

I think as you are working on 2 thread with the same issue,  it is becoming tough for Jeff, me and for others to track down the details related to your issue.

We would appreciate if you keep the discussion one sided so that we can help you in efficiently . Honestly I myself has lost the track what I have suggested and where were we in troubleshooting your problem.

I would appreciate if you could summarize what all you have tried by now for me as I have lost the track.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 3:10 AM   in reply to Manish-Sharma

Ok

i'll stay here

I join here because there where no answer on the second one at the begining

nothing that you suggest worked for the moment

except that I can license again and no more asking for serial without any reason because i made no change

it is very a very strange problem because it's changing everyday

once you have to licence every day

then more than once a day

then you can't licence anymore and ask for serial

then  everything ok though i made no change on my side

and then again every thing broke down

To me it looks a server side problem and people are modifying thing outthere

except suppressing everything here is the summary

- No language problem the CC sub is multi lingual

- My profile on CC is completeted

- No .host problem

- no connection problem i can reach adobe license server

- but I have to use CS5 (32b plugggin) and cs6 (acr2012 on one current project)  for my work every day no choice for me

again my concern about suppressing CS6 is can i keep my settings of CS6

the only good point is that for the moment as i am online every day i have "no service break" but i fear it everyday and thats not good...

My main concern and I am not alone on this is the offline reliabilty of CS6 CC

Lots of photographer have to work sometime offline where there is no wifi and thing like that

We would prefer to pay annually and have a on-site oneyear licence better than having the soft checking on a random basis

Have a look there this is a very very popular blog and it reflect to my point a lot of what your user feels about CS6 CC

http://macperformanceguide.com/blog/2012/20120604_1-AdobeCloud.html

think it's talking about something you said in another blog... they have totally the point

and would I had looked that before i wouldn't have subscibe and now I ould not recommend anyone to do so.... until you clarify your license check policy!

I am ok to have to renew every 30 days but it has to be clear for the end user when going offline how long it has to renew and i must be able to be sure every time I go offline I have 30 days left.

Imaging i am using my laptop only for travel : i must remind to plug it online an launch adobe photoshop before leaving and must moreoever be 100% sure that my license has been activated for 30 days wich for the moment i can't be sure!!

what a mess for traveler.

CC is young and I must say that the idea is ok but  I hope you will take all those remark in account because it is very important for user that pay for software to be able to use them and not have licensing problem that become more and more common nowadays (microsoft office has issue to on macos).

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)