Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 Trial

May 10, 2012 4:04 PM

Tags: #trial #cs6

I just installed the CS6 Trial.  So far, it's running great Win Vista.

No problems with display of page / div  background colors. 

Using Coder Plus Workspace.  Design & Code View are very responsive.  No complaints there.

My only complaint so far is with Live View.  It's slower than slow.  It stalls for several seconds (icon spins & spins) when clicked .  Scrolling up or down is minimally responsive, stalls, then recovers.  Stalls, then recovers.  In its present state, I don't think I'll use it much.

I disabled "Display External Files" but that didn't have any effect.  Also turned off Cache in Site > Manage Sites with no effect.

I'm going to shut it down.  Reboot my PC and see if Live View performance improves any.  Will report back later.

Nancy O.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 4:17 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

I find it odd that DW is one of the only programs to officially support Vista, if not the only.  Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, and Flash only list XP SP3 and Windows 7 in their system requirements pages.

Is it just one site in particular or multiple sites?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 5:45 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Willing to share code from one of the pages with which you are seeing this slow performance?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 6:17 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Odd.  Jeff Tranberry went into a bit of the reason as to why only Windows 7 fully supports all of Photoshop CS6 on the Photoshop blog ( http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotcom/2012/03/photoshop-cs6-operating -system-support-and-beyond.html ).  It started with Lightroom and has trickled down to the other programs.  So only DW can officially offer support for you based on the tech specs for each product if they are all accurate and not a marketing mistake.  Not sure if it's strictly a feature thing or maybe it has to do with the security of the application for which Adobe was scrutinized today ( http://gizmodo.com/5909290/adobes-photoshop-security-reaches-a-sad-new -low ).

Anyways, I'm thinking something with an included file, is the JS file remote or local? If remote from where?  I doubt you need to clear configurations or anything since it's so new. 

Edit: Just saw your post, I'll take a look at those pages.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 7:54 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

Does it happen if you create a new page using one of the pre-built layouts? e.g. 3 column liquid

I noticed all three of your example pages have external JavaScript files, so I'm wondering in Dreamweaver is getting hung up on that somehow.

If it does _not_ happen with one of the pre-built layouts, then try implementing the change mentioned here (for CS6 instead of CS5/CS5.5): http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/hang-opening-document-dreamweave r-cs5.html

This shouldn't be required, but give it a try and let us know if it changes the results at all.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to Nancy O.

Hi Nancy

Have you tried enabling, (or disabling) the live view option 'use testing server as document source' ?

Also the reason that most CS6 programs do not list Vista as a supported OS, is because the development teams consider Vista to be so similar to Win 7 that they can be considered the same. It has nothing to do with the program not working in that product and most of the ones we use on the web have been tested by users of Vista, (though it looks like all problems have not been caught).

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 12:56 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Nancy O. wrote:

Finding my custom actions, gradients, patterns, etc... and moving them to CS6 has been quite a chore. Now I remember why I didn't upgrade sooner!

I can sympathize with that, I built a new computer months ago, (i7, ssd, 16gb) and only installed CS at the beginning of this month because of exactly the same reason.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to Nancy O.

Thanks for the additional details, Nancy.

At this point, I am not sure what is causing this issue. I have asked the development team to look into this.

Also, for Photoshop CS6, you should be able to automatically import presets and such from previous versions. Go to Edit > Presets > Migrate Presets.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points