• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message When Installing eLearning Suite on New PC

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have been using the eLearning Suite 2 since its launch last year. I recently treated myself to a new PC (64 bit, Windows 7) and have downloaded the software again from the Adobe site so that I could reinstall it.

The download (via the Akami download) seems to go fine until I try to extract the files. I then get the following error message: A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder.

The priviledges are all fine, as I have installed a lot of software into exactly the same folder already. And there's about 600GB of space left on the drive. I also also came across the files that I used before to install the suite on my old PC, and got exactly the same message.

Am at a loss to understand what is wrong. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

It turns out that the problem was I downloaded the files via Google Chrome. I tried both the Akaimi and the alternate files, and neither worked.

When I downloaded the alternate files via Firefox, they worked first time. No further tinkering required.

Thank you for your help, Mylenium. Have a lovely weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your partition is larger than 500GB. Downsize it to something below. Older software cannot deal with such large drives - a limitation in older file I/O APIs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Mylenium. I doubt that is the issue. I have tried installing it on the same PC on a separate drive, which has 67GB free, and I get the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reall do try. It's easy enough in Win 7's disk management utility. "Installing it on a separate drive" has no mkeaning - some components will always end up on teh system root drive regardless and then the issue would stil lbe the same.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mylenium. I will try it and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that the problem was I downloaded the files via Google Chrome. I tried both the Akaimi and the alternate files, and neither worked.

When I downloaded the alternate files via Firefox, they worked first time. No further tinkering required.

Thank you for your help, Mylenium. Have a lovely weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, good to know. Strange that they got corrupted. That (known) issue should long be fixed...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines