• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud sharing options.

New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am more than a little disappointed in the sharing options on Creative Cloud. Seeing as how this is a professional service, at a professional price, I expected more options than just Private and Public. I have a fair amount of work that I would like to share with clients and collaborators, but don't want to, and sometimes can't legally, put that up on the web publicly, especially in a form where anyone can right click on it, and save it as an image to their HDD. I can't be the only one with these concerns, can I? I had assumed from the beginning, that there would have to be features to allow access to only certain users, even if they had to be Creative Cloud users to take advantage of this, otherwise, how is it any different than just throwing it up on any old website? Even Google Drive or Dropbox offer me better sharing features as it stands right now.

Are there future plans to make the sharing more targeted to professionals?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Imlloyd,

I'm sorry to hear it wasn't what you expected. Options and features will improve and change over time. What specific security features would you like to see incorporated?

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see two different ways to incorporate security.

What I had actually assumed would be the case, before actually using the Creative Cloud sharing, was that you would have the option of either publicly sharing the file, or keep it private, but be able to invite other Creative Cloud users to view, comment, or download the file, based on their Adobe ID, or alternately send them a link, that would then invite them to setup a free Creative Cloud account, and then let them view, comment, or download the content, as per the permissions you had set.

The other, simpler, way to do it, as craigget1 suggests, is to just be able to set a password on the share, so that only people with the password can access it.

Whatever the case, right click to download the image has to be disabled. I like to think that I have a good relationship with my clients, but I definitely have had some unscrupulous clients over the years, who given the option, would happily right click on an unwatermarked comp, and throw it straight up on their site, and then argue about paying for it, since they already had the deliverable, as far as the were concerned. I know that there will never be a way to truely stop a determined person from snagging content from a website, but letting them just right click and download a decent rendering of your file, is just asking to be abused. Most clients aren't going to go as far as making a screen capture, and then trimming the excess off, but just letting them right click, is just begging for it. It has been one day of trying it out, and I already had one guy I'm working with, send me back a logo I'm working on for him, with his own changes he made in MS Paint, after he right clicked and saved the image. That isn't really how I want to work with people.

As a side note, there seem to also be some problems with the commenting system in the Creative Cloud sharing. I had three collaborators who commented on a file I put up, only one of the comments actually showed up, and none of them could see the comments they made after they submitted it, nor could anyone see any comments but mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that context, do you require your source copyright (and other) metadata to go with the file and its renditions in case download is enabled, or a file leaves the system in general?

Frank Biederich

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, I personally would assume (hope) that any files I made available for download, would retain all my copyright metadata in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, as a photographer dealing in primarily photos & videos, yes; I most definitely want, and need, my copyright metadata to always stay attached and transferred with the source files. I am extremely uncomfortable with the idea of a stripped file anywhere along the line.

I also like the simplicity of passwording files. We need some very real security before our bread & milk is literally given away. I have faith in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I need an iPad that doesn't add "amp" to every "and" symbol.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if you add your requirements as ideas to the following page:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud?view=idea

I have noticed some ideas related to sharing but none for metadata yet. Beyond copyright management think about what you'd expect in terms of asset/photo metadata.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as the metadata question goes, I think the best workflow would probably be a preferences setting in Bridge, where you can set what metadata is sent to the cloud, and then an Export to Cloud option in Bridge. THat way as much, or as little metadata could go with the file as you want, and it is handled in the same place you usually go to manage your metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lmlloyd - Are you still having an issue with not seeing the comments?

Comments do not show immediately like a chat. If you toggle off the Comment tab to another and back the list of comments will refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comments are now working correctly. Everyone's comments are showing up, and people can read other's comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 I would love to see password protection option and a automatic comment posted when the client accesses the file url so I know they have the files.  I expected more from Adobe when I signed up for Creative Cloud.  Looking forward to more features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one with these concerns. When collaborating on a file or folder we should at least have the option of password protect either or the folder/file. For my work without more security Creative Cloud is a no go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2015 Apr 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to this request. The idea of sharing files through Creative Cloud is exciting, but it is completely unusable without password protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines