Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CS6 won't open animated titles created in After Effects CS6

May 11, 2012 3:41 PM

I am trying to lay some animated titles on a music video I have created, Here are my steps:
- Create Project in PP and export as MPEG
- Open After Effects and Create new composition that is same length as clip
- Import Clip to Timeline
- Add and Animate Text
- Export as Premiere Pro Project

When I go to PP and open what I've created I get a message saying "The preset used by one or more sequences in this project requires third party components that could not be located. These sequences will be modified to use a custom sequence setting instead. To continue editing using original preset, quit the aplicationwithout saving the project, re-install and third party components that are required and re-open the project",

The ONLY thing I used is Audition on the Audio, After Effects and Premiere Pro on Video. Please help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 4:40 PM   in reply to RampantSlime

What happens if you click OK and allow PPro to load a custom sequence setting? Do bad things happen or is it just the message that is worrying you?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:37 PM   in reply to RampantSlime

I'm not sure if we are having the same problem, but in Adobe Premiere CS6 I have imported a .AEP Comp (Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition) and I cannot, no matter what, drag and drop this comp into a Sequence within Premiere, or even drag it to the New Sequence button in the Project window. This is true of all the attempts, with different .AEP files, I have tried thus far.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 5:50 AM   in reply to Mitch W

It's obvious that the Dynamic Link server is broken in CS6. In almost every project I do, I use dynamic links between AE and PP. I use PP to slice and dice and AE for the effects I pop into my projects. PP is also (or used to be) great for enhancing the sound in animations and video. In CS5 and 5.5, The Dynamic Link server allows me to make changes in AE and they (used to) appear in the other without needing a render to work properly. I have an appropirate card for the Mercury Playback Engine, but the dynamic links no longer play back properly. And the bar above the timeline in PP is red. It used to show as a dynamic link without needing a render (yellow). I cannot work like this, so am going back to CS5.5 until Adobe releases a patch or I'll return my licenses for a refund.

This is a fundamental issue for a feature that obviously hasn't been tested thoroughly. Very poor product testing.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to stevehaskin@att.net

Hmm... It's not all bad. The dynamic link works in the other direction for me (PP to AE); Premiere sequences work fine in After Effects comps—when I make changes in Premiere, they are immediately reflected in the comp in AE. I can not go the other direction yet: using Dynamic Link to get Comps into Premiere, as I previously described above. What happens is the mouse symbol changes to a "Cannot Drop Here" symbol when dragging an AE Comp to any Sequence, or to the new Sequence button within Premiere.

I never had trouble with this in CS5.5. Something may very well be broken, we'll see if others have similar problems.

@RampantSlime I'm glad the Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Comp worked for you!

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Devyn Brugge

You can't go both ways at the same time.

For example, you can start in PP and Link to AE.  Or you can start in AE and Link to PP.  But you can't start in PP, then Link to AE, then Link that back to PP.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

You're right, my AE comps have Premiere Pro sequences in them. A test AE Comp with just some Text in it, upon importing into Premiere CS6 goes nicely into Premiere sequences with no hassle.

But an AE Comp with a Premiere Pro sequence embeded into it will not go back to Premiere. Upon testing your accurate assumption, it reveals that I can't go back to Premiere with the Comp I wanted, even if the Premiere sequence embeded into the Comp that I am trying to import is from another .PPROJ file (I was attempting to do this to save render time for the credits sequence of a project, where I cut some footage to go behind the text > sent to After Effects > Created a New PPROJ and imported all the chapters, and then imported the AE Comp, which did not go back in).

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to Devyn Brugge

It's absolutely a bug. (sigh) If I find two more, it'll be a feature.

I need to finish a project, so it's back to 5.5. Too big an interruption to my workflow.

Best.

Steve

Sent from somewhere in the ether from my iPhone

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to stevehaskin@att.net

All versions of the programs worked this way.  You can only go one way with Dynamic Link, not both simultaneously.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

That one I know. The Dynamic Link Server only allows one way traffic. It would be interesting if the programming team could not only make it two way, but also multithreaded it to include Photoshop and Illustrator to be included at the same time. Working on a PP timeline while able to link files from AE as well would really make another positive impact on my workflow.

Ah well.

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 12:09 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to stevehaskin@att.net

to include Photoshop and Illustrator

You don't need Dynamic Link for those programs.  They don't have "project files' in the way that PP and AE do.  They're self contained image formats, which have always auto-updated in PP when you save from the other programs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Hmmmm. Have always had issues with psd updates.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to stevehaskin@att.net

Start a new thread.  Perhaps we can get that solved.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points