• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Flash Builder 4.6 MC CS6

Mentor ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following conflict when trying to install Flash Builder as part of the Master Collection CS 6 installation upgrade from CS 5.5 .  As far as I know I only have FB 4.5 and FB 4 installed on the computer as well as a version of Edge Preview.  Why am I getting this error?  I have tried to run a cleanup tool but it does not produce an XML file as the readme says it should and it does not solve the conflicting message even after system restart.

flash_builder_4_6_install_error2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Close anything Adobe.

Goto:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\caps

Rename Media_db.db and pdb.db to something else.

Relaunch Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems you still have some pre-release or beta application installed.

Try uninstalling the application completely from Control Panel and run the Cleaner Tool to remove the unwanted files and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Cleaner tool does not hetl, at least in my case. Do you mean that the whole CS5.5 Master Collection should be uninstalled? I have tried everything else:

1. I tried to uninstall, but Flash Builder was not listed among the programs, maybe I have uninstalled it earlier or it is inclkuded in CS5.5
  2. I deleted all Flash Builder related files, no help
  3. Then I deleted all Flash Builder related registry entries, no success
  4. Finally I downloaded the cleaner tool, its action options do not include anything Flash Builder Releted.

I simply can't get rid of the conflicting version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6. Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. OSX 10.7.3, all old versions of builder were uninstalled, cleaner tool showes nothing builder related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close anything Adobe.

Goto:

Relaunch Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been struggling with this issue for days and no one seemed able to help me, changing the file names solved it.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What location is for OSX? I can't find "caps" in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe.

And that databse files, do they contains information just about Flash Builder or about all Adobe products? Would there be no problems installing/uninstalling other Adobe products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing it, rename the files back to be able to uninstall/upgrade the other products.

On mac it is in library.. which is hidden

so shift command G, or Go, folder

/library

you should have a finder window open in library now.

application support

adobe

caps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mubhceab78:  I think in your solution lies a problem.  When you install FB 4.6 after renaming the Media_db.db and pdb.db, it installs a new version of Media_db.db and pdb.db with those filenames but a different filesize, hinting that it may have different content.  With those files now on the system you cannot rename the "renamed" files back to the original files because there will be a filename conflict.  Two files of the same name cannot exist in the same directory.  So how do we solve that?  Doesn't this mean that something will break in the uninstaller if you try to do what you're saying and try to uninstall FB 4.6 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the installation.. logs, sorta.

So when you install a product, it will write to those files.  I am guessing previous versions did not remove itself properly from those files.

What I would do on that, is after you install and it creates those two files, prefix the files with fbcs6- and then rename the others so you can modify/remove cs6 and other software.  When the day comes to remove flashbuilder cs6.. rename again.

This of course is a workaround, not a solution, perhaps adobe will create a utility to go into those files and clear out the erronous entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this approach worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appreoach introduced by

mubhcaeb78, worked. Thanks.

Community Member

May 14, 2012 11:40 AM

Close anything Adobe.

Goto:

Relaunch Installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another work-around I found is to install in Trial mode then activate your license after the install. I finally chose Trial and the message didn't come up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines