Skip navigation
bhall13
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe X Pro Application Manager error

May 10, 2012 8:17 AM

I have installed the trial version of Adobe Acrobat X Pro. When I try to use it I receive a message that "application manager failed to initialize." I have tried doing a repair installation, uninstall and reinstall and still get the same message. Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:12 PM   in reply to bhall13

Did you have any other copies of Acrobat installed on your computer?  What have you tried so far to resolve your difficulties beyond repairing, removing, and reinstalling?  Finally what version of Windows are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:09 PM   in reply to bhall13

Are you able to remove Adobe Acrobat X Pro from Program & Features successfully?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:12 PM   in reply to bhall13

Ok you mentioned that you get the error when trying to open the program.  Do you receive any error messages when you install Adobe Acrobat?

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to bhall13

It appears that your trial has expired then.  You can either purchase the software or try it on a different computer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to bhall13

Ok then once you receive the serial number you will be able to continue using Acrobat.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have a similar problem

Windows 7 64 bit successfully running Adobe Acrobat X (for years) until a few days ago. Automatic update occured (Automatic updates in the past have never broken it before) Now everytime I start it up I get:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager

As far as I know nothing else changed. Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to adobeacrobat4me

Exasperated I have taken the following steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat X and Re-Install Pro 10.1.0 From Installation Disk - Same Adobe Application Manager Error

2. Uninstall Adobe Acrobat X, Downloaded and installed Adobe Pro X Trial Version - Same Adobe Application Manager Error.

I get the feeling that the automatic update was for another of the Adobe products on my system and somehow that has screwed up Adope Acrobat X?

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to adobeacrobat4me

OK Now found this series post on the web:

http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2011/03/maybe-i-need-to-give-up-on-adobe-a crobat-x-pro.html#.T66QhMVQR4o

http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2011/04/thanks-to-adobe-for-fixing-my-prob lem-with-acrobat-x.html#.T66QxMVQR4o

So going to try this solution:

His fix was surprisingly simple. He had me create a new user account in Windows with full administrative privileges. He then had me log in as that new user and install Acrobat there. Once I logged back in under my usual username, there was Acrobat and it worked seamlessly.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 11:57 AM   in reply to adobeacrobat4me

Exhausted! And what feels like a million re-starts later installing as another administrative user did not work for me! Still getting the Adobe Application Manager Error.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to bhall13

I will try installing adobe application manager from here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4773

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to bhall13

I have had the same problem as well, since as long as I've owned the  product (same, student edition). Yes, it's fixable by downloading that link, but why should we have to keep doing that? Has anyone found a fix? Thanks!

Windows 7, 64bit, Acrobat X Pro

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2013 1:41 PM   in reply to amampinc1

Wondering if it has to do with registering/ signing on to Adobe? Just a thought. I  hadn't done that since I  reinstalled this program a month ago. Wondering, because after I signed it, it said thank you for registering this program. Maybe that will connect the dots? Time will tell

(Initial error, entered here for search/tag purposes: adobe application manager, required to run your product, is missing or damaged

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points