Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use JavaScript to submit CFWindow form.

Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The code below is an illustration of what I want to do.  The actual form and JavaScript validation is more complex.  I am using a CFWindow that contains the form.  When a form button is selected I want to run a JavaScript form validation routine then submit.  The issue is that the browser loads the form's action page and just sits there.  What I want is the form to be submitted, the CFWindow to close like normal.  The question boils down to:  how to submit a CFWindow form using JavaScript.

Thanks,

Jeff

<html>
<head>
<title></title>

<script>
function checkForm() {
var theField = document.getElementById('Name');
if (theField.value.length < 3){
  alert("Longer name please.")
} else {
  document.getElementById('myForm').submit();
  //ColdFusion.Window.hide('CFWindow2');
}
}
</script>

<body>

<cfwindow center="true" closable="true" draggable="true" modal="true" resizable="false" initshow="false"  bodyStyle="position: absolute; left; 5px;font-size:1.1em;" height="130" name="CFWindow2" title="More Information" width="300">
<div id="myDiv2">
   <cfform id="myForm" action="processForm.cfm" method="POST" enablecab="Yes" enctype="multipart/form-data" preservedata="Yes" onSubmit="ColdFusion.Window.hide('CFWindow2')">
     Name: <cfinput type="Text" id="Name" name="Name" message="Please enter your name" required="Yes" size="27" tabindex="1" value="j"><br>
     <cfinput type="button" name="Submit" value="Submit" required="No" onClick="checkForm()">
   </cfform>
</div>
</cfwindow>

<a href="javascript:ColdFusion.Window.show('CFWindow2');" onClick="document.getElementById('myDiv2').style.display='block';">CFWindow</a></p>

</body>
</html>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I transcended this issue by playing with field validation.  But it is still a good question should anyone have an answer to it. thx - jf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeffw2002 wrote:

Hi all,

The issue is that the browser loads the form's action page and just sits there.  What I want is the form to be submitted, the CFWindow to close like normal.  The question boils down to:  how to submit a CFWindow form using JavaScript.

I think your code behaves as expected. When I ran it, the form was submitted to the action page, which remained open, and, simultaneously, cfwindow2 was closed. That is in fact what the code is supposed to do. Did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation