Skip navigation
andy.nehan
Currently Being Moderated

Occasional problem with lost sound PE10 & XP

May 12, 2012 4:26 AM

I run PE10 on XP and it works really well. I use a Panasonic Camcorder with memory cards and import sound and video without difficulty (usually). Sometimes (and only sometimes) the sound is missing from part or all of a clip. If I delete the clip and reimport the problem is NOT fixed BUT if I reimport the clip and change its name e.g. 00002 becomes Rep0002 then the new clip is just fine.

This tells me that the original is fine and that the import process has some sort of flaw, also that deleting the file is insufficient as there must presumably be another component that records some details of the file??

Is this just a glitch? and should I shrug my shoulders and get a life or is there something else going on??

Andy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 5:28 AM   in reply to andy.nehan

It sounds as though you didn't let PRE finish conforming the audio. The component recording the details of the audio file is the .cfa file usually to be found in C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files.

When you next import a clip to your project check the bottom right of the PRE screen. This will show you the progress  PRE is making in preparing your file for use. Resist the temptation to start work with it immediately - wait for it to finish conforming the audio.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to andy.nehan

Yes, patience during the Conforming process should be all that is necessary. There is a little progress bar at the lower-right of the GUI, but many users miss that, if they do not know exactly where to look for it. This ARTICLE goes into more detail on the Conforming, and Indexing, process.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points