Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Application Manager error: "The update server is not responding."

Apr 14, 2012 10:51 AM

Tags: #error #adobe #server #update #updates #manager #updater #firewall

With every attempt to check for updates for Creative Suite 5, the Application Manager immediately responds with an error: "The update server is not responding. The server might be offline temporarily, or the internet or firewall setting may be incorrect. Please try again later." My last successful check for updates was on 3/27/2012.

I have not added any restrictions since 3/27. I do not block any outgoing communications within any of my firewalls. All other communications through all firewalls are functioning normally.

Is there a way to verify if the update server is really down?

Perhaps the server address has changed. It wouldn't be the first time a non-thinking person had this notion: "Here's what we'll do, change the update server's IP address and then roll out the new address in the next update."

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 15, 2012 2:54 AM   in reply to David Burkhart

This stuff doesn't change. wwupdate.adobe.com and the others have been there as long as I can think. If at all, this would be handled with server side forwarding and redirects. You could check your networking stuff with Wireshark and similar tools or you could run Sysinternals' Process Monitor. This might offer some clues. Also check your router's log files. Something may show up there. Perhaps something changed at your provider...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2012 4:09 AM   in reply to David Burkhart

why dont you check are you able to download the update manually and then install them:-

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/?promoid=DIOEC

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to David Burkhart

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2012 11:10 PM   in reply to TookyDC

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-update-server-repsondin g-cs4.html

This link is broken......anyone know where the information was moved to? Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2012 6:58 AM   in reply to TEWilhite

The link is messed up only in my original post. Click on the link from your reply. Or if all else fails, copy and paste it into your browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2013 8:23 PM   in reply to David Burkhart

I tried the WiFi disabling solution others had mentioned and it still didn't work. What worked for me is that I had to turn off both my Windows and Norton firewalls, then the updater worked perfectly for my CS6  items and I could download the new CC items.  Just remember to turn firewalls back on! Might also be wise to run a complete system scan afterwards as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points