• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting fatal Exit Code 34 when installing an app

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone running into this?  I download an app (PS 6, ID 6, etc.) via AAM and then it tries to install.  Towards the end of the install I get a Fatal Error with Exit Code 34.  The log msg reads:

FATAL: Payload '{E2286898-049D-43EF-AA30-0A93E3744AC3} Camera Profiles Installer_7.1_AdobeCameraRawProfile7.0All 6.0.98.0' information not found in Media_db.

I tried downloading and installing a trial version of PS 6 and the same error occurred.  I tried running the CS Clean-up Tool but it said that there were no CS sessions installed on my iMac (latest version of Lion).  I completely deleted beta and trial versions of CS apps before running AAM.  I did have the RC candidate of Camera Raw 7.1 loaded on my Mac at one time but there is no uninstall app for that (at least that I can tell). It seems that the RC 7.1 may be involved with this error but I can't pinpoint how to get rid of it.

Any ideers out there?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

I had the very same problem, and I am using windows 7 too. After chat with the adobe tech support. He showed me how to fix the problem.

Also, I tried the clean tool already. That didn't help.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe   if you use 32bit system I think it would be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Change 3 folder name.

Adobe PCD -> Adobe PCDold

backup -> backupold

caps -> capsold

Then run the setup file again.

This method worked for me. Hope that would work for you also and save y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool from the below link and try uninstall all the CS6 application.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

After using the cleaner tool, please rename Adobe folder to Adobe OLD from Mac HD/LIbrary/Application Support / then try installing the product.

If you get the same error, please copy the error log from the Installation Window and paste it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error as before:

Exit Code: 34

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

FATAL: Payload '{E2286898-049D-43EF-AA30-0A93E3744AC3} Camera Profiles Installer_7.1_AdobeCameraRawProfile7.0All 6.0.98.0' information not found in Media_db.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same situation, with the exact same error on two separate PC's (Windows 7 based). I've tried everything I know plus everyone else's suggestions from the forums since Friday. At this point, I am getting very frustrated. I had success installing some of the programs, but they were the ones that were not previously installed with CS5 Prod Prem or the beta testing, So I have Dreamweaver, Acrobat X, Fireworks, etc. because they are not part of the Prod Prem suite and therefore have not previously been installed. Everything else, AE, PS, PR, IL, etc., gives me the following:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

FATAL: Payload '{B9CB63C4-46FD-4394-95E4-0602E3B4D7F6} Camera Profiles Installer_7.1_AdobeCameraRawProfile7.0All 6.0.98.0' information not found in Media_db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help?! Someone please? I did as described above and got the same response. I went into Windows Explorer and after running the Adobe cleaner and deleted everthing left with Adobe on it. Still I get the same response. This is happening on 2 PC's so it's not just a fluke. I really need my software. I am losing money every minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am chatting with Adobe Tech Support right now to see what can be done.  Did you have (or do you have) the latest Adobe Camera Raw 7.1 RC installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got PS6 to install.  I installed and ran the Creative Suite Cleaner tool (deleted *everything* that it listed - choose 'All'), rebooted, and then successfully installed PS6.  I am on a Mac though, so I don't know if this procedure will work on a PC.  You can get the Cleaner tool here:  http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't let me install anything remotely related to Photoshop, or apparently anything that I had previously installed from the CS5 Production Premium suite. The stuff that doesn't come with suite, and therefore has never been installed before, installed fine. I tried the cleaner tool on both computers last night and again this morning. I'm losing my mind. However, being the trained monked that I am, I am about to try it again. Congrats on getting yours to work. Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the same thing, where non-suite apps would install but PS6, ID6, IL6 would all come up with this error.  I went in and uninstalled almost everything Adobe (except Lightroom), renamed some remaining Adobe folders to Adobe Old, ran the cleaner, rebooted and was finally able to install PS6. I am sure there are some crap files lurking around that are causing this so you have to get rid of anything remotely Adobe, run the cleaner and re-try.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, how about that. The 13th time was the charm. So far, Premiere has installed and Photoshop is installing as I write this. Now, of course, I have to download the entire thing again - twice. But at least it appears to be working. I don't know what was different this time, but the computer thought something was. Anyway, thanks for the help, and I'm glad that you got yours to work. I know how frustrating it can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the very same problem, and I am using windows 7 too. After chat with the adobe tech support. He showed me how to fix the problem.

Also, I tried the clean tool already. That didn't help.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe   if you use 32bit system I think it would be C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe

Change 3 folder name.

backup -> backupold

caps -> capsold

This method worked for me. Hope that would work for you also and save you some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god THANK YOU,  YOU BEAST!! I have had this error for nearly a month now THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nearly the same error on the imac.  However I had a hard time locating that folder  \library\application support\adobe\adobe pcd .   I change the folder name and it is still erroring as before.  Either it doesn't work the same for the mac or I am in the wrong location/folder.   Any suggestions?

Thank you

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s)

FATAL: Payload 'Camera Profiles Installer_7.4_AdobeCameraRawProfile7.0All 7.0.0.103 {38CE8E2B-ABDF-487F-A606-31D5E75AF8C0}' information not found in Media_db.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Very Helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I'VE HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE MARCH 2014, I HONESTLY WANT TO KISS YOU RIGHT NOW AND (I'M NOT GAY). YOU ARE A LEGEND. WHAT CAN I DO TO REPAY YOU? YOU'RE AWESOME!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2015 Mar 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to work for me when I followed the steps carefully. I am using Windows 8.1, any tips?

EDIT: Found it out, I just renamed the folder, caps to capsold instead of all 3 folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2015 May 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love you ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias, me solucionó el problema.

Funciona 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastique, merci merci merci ! Ça marche pour moi:

Photoshop Element 2018 >> Windows 8    OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friend, my problem is the same, carries 1% and the error happens, you can not try to explain how, again? Because I did not understand their rights these instructions, and if you have Skype, it would be even better, mine is victor.mi.wt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi victor

the following fix worked for me

Change 3 folder name.

backup -> backupold

caps -> capsold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a true hero!!!

thank you sooooooo much!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been getting this same problem tried redownloading a newer intilation but still ran into that same problem

BUT

when I ran the installer i "unchecked" Adobe Illustrator CS6 all the other applcation installed with no propblem

so now i am going to finguer out a way to ger Illustrator installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines