Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to turn over RedRocket Control to AME from Premier?

May 11, 2012 2:21 PM

so i am in premier and have Rocket Card (from RED--their R3d acceleration graphics card) Enabled...Now i am exporting a sequence out to Adobe Media Encoder and also wish for the Red Rocket card to be utilized there for debayering etc..of some R3d's in the sequence. I know that the RR card can only be utilized by one program at a time and you must relinquish control of it usually by quitting an application. So now, do i just quite PrPro before starting the Encode in AME? then start the encode and the RR card will be working? or is there a way to tell AME to utilize the RR card?

How do i know it is being used by AME?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:09 AM   in reply to johnnyfriday

Don't think so at all. Such cards use special drivers that are initialized via respective plug-ins from the programs using them and while AME does use Prmeiere file format plug-ins, I doubt it supports the full infrastructure, especially for such special hardware. If at all, this probably requires some specific export from Premiere into a MOV or AVI wrapper, so the CoDEc handles the hardware acceleration, but realyl, you get much better info on that in the Premiere, AME or RED's own forums. That is too exotic and I just don't have those ten thousdands of dollars to geek out and investigate just for fun....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 7:08 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

You could try skipping AME and just hitting Export instead of Queue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 8:36 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

There is no preview for a direct Export, only through AME.

However, I just tried both using TIFFs and both worked just fine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2012 9:04 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

You only show the Export Settings in the screen grab.  You have two ways to actually start the export - via Queue (which sends to AME), or via Export.  Try the latter.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 6:33 AM   in reply to johnnyfriday

Strange.  It worked fine for me on Windows 7.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points