Skip navigation
doronski
Currently Being Moderated

Missing Apps

May 11, 2012 8:40 PM

On my secondary PC, I only have 13 Apps, no premiere, AE or Grader. What is wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 8:56 PM   in reply to doronski

Is it a 32 bit system. These apps are not supported on 32 bit Os.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:16 PM   in reply to doronski

Simular problem!  Only 12 apps show on the website as well as in the application manager (missing Bridge, AE, PR, EG, SG).  How do I get these apps?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 9:18 PM   in reply to Brendie

Bridge is not shown as a full App. It is installed as a part of other applications (like photoshop, illustrator etc. )

These apps will not be shown on a 32 bit system as these are only supported on 64 bit systems. Can you please confirm your Os and bit configuration. 

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to saurabhGupta1403

Oh. I have been looking for it, too.

Does that mean one of those apps have to be launched in order to use Bridge?

If so, that's too bad. I use Bridge most of the time as a stand-alone, and there was nothing advertised to indicate it was not its own app (e.g., its own icon).

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to KeyStudio

Even though Bridge is not shown as a full app and it is installed with Photoshop, that does not mean you need to launch Photoshop first, before launching bridge.

It is a seperate application that is installed along with Photoshop.

So, you will be able to use Bridge seperately.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to Arpit Kapoor

OK, great. Thanks! It's a very important part of my workflow–previewing Indesign files and images and PDF docs without having to open them is very helpful.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to Brendie

Same here...I'm only seeing 12 applications. Edge is the one I'm really after, that is missing. I'm on a PC laptop that's maybe two years old. Running Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.

Is there nothing I can do, to be able to install Edge, without any system or hardware modifications? The good news is that I'm planning on getting one of the new MacBook Pros, when they are (expected to be) released in a month or two!

But really, can't do Edge on my current machine?!

Thanks,

D

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to DiggerK

The system requirements for Edge Preview are:

• Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
    • Windows 7 or Windows Vista®
    • Windows XP is NOT supported
    • 1 GB of RAM
    • 200 MB of available hard-disk space for installation
    • 1280x800 display with 16-bit video card
    • Broadband Internet connection required for online services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an ongoing basis.

Adobe Edge does not support Windows XP.

Unfortunately DiggerK, it will not be an option on your current machine.

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 8:51 PM   in reply to saurabhGupta1403

My PC is a 32Bit running Windows XP.  However, I do see all apps on my IMac and MacBook Pro.  My PC is my main computer - wish I could have all apps on this computer!  Didn't realize the specs before joining.  Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to Brendie

Edge is not supported on windows XP. This is as per the system requirements of Edge.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 6:04 PM   in reply to Scott Worthington

Hi Scott, it would be appreciated if you could put a note about Edge not being supported for XP on the paid cloud login page. I just spent a frustrating hour wandering around various Adobe help pages and logins wondering why I could not see that icon. Searches in this help area on 'unable to download Edge Animate' did not lead me to this or another relevant answer either. Totally frustrating.

I guess I get a day off now as I am home on my old XP laptop and not at work on my Windows 7 computer. What to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to MaryBlight

MaryBlight wrote:

Hi Scott, it would be appreciated if you could put a note about Edge not being supported for XP on the paid cloud login page. I just spent a frustrating hour wandering around various Adobe help pages and logins wondering why I could not see that icon. Searches in this help area on 'unable to download Edge Animate' did not lead me to this or another relevant answer either. Totally frustrating.

Seconded.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to saurabhGupta1403

Hi Sarah,

Yes but I took an HOUR to find that out. How about making it completely obvious, up front on the Cloud home page where you download products? It is one line on a webpage, and would add immensely to customer satisfaction.

Burying information four pages down in a product blurb is just begging for that information to be missed.

Thanks,

Mary

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points