Skip navigation
InaBech
Currently Being Moderated

Camera Profile Re-Installation LR 4

May 12, 2012 9:25 AM

Tags: #camera_profiles #lr4

I have upgraded to LR4, but none of my camera profiles show up. So, I tried to manually transfer the relevant folders and files to reside as subfolders under Library-App Support-->Camera Raw 7.  However, this did not work.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell me how to properly re-install the profiles.  I use several different cameras, so I have an extensive list of Adobe and custom profiles.

Thanks,

ina

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to InaBech

Camera profiles will only appear in the list on a camera by camera basis. In others words, if you select an image shot on Canon 5D then only profiles specific to the 5D will be listed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to InaBech

In terms of your custom camera or lens profiles Lr4 uses the same profiles from exactly the location as it has done since they were introduced. If they're still in that location then there is no reason why Lr4 wll not find and use them when appropriate.

They do not belong in the Camera Raw 7 folder, nor 6 nor 5 nor 4 etc. On Mac, the lens and camera profile folders should be located in Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw (no space)

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 7:15 AM   in reply to InaBech

One other thing to check: "embedded" is normally the only profile available when working on derivative files such as Jpeg or Tiff. Are you definitely working on Raw files?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points