Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

It's posible change default image for mark interactive button / not UI

May 11, 2012 9:22 AM

Tags: #buttons #interactive #automation

When in indesgin convert a object to button appears in background a hand with a finger pointing to a button. It's posible to change this?

button interactive.jpg

I need to use several icons if it's posible in the same document.

Thanks !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 10:52 AM   in reply to thinkink_es

That's just the indicator in an InDesign document to show it's a button in the UI, right? Just like the thin blue lines indicate text frames? Surely this is not included in an export to PDF or other "end user" document?

|
    Mark as:
  • John Hawkinson
    5,572 posts
    Jun 25, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 5:25 AM   in reply to thinkink_es

Its posible to put a custom mark for an object, like interactive buttons, but customizable by javascript:?

No, it is not possible.

You could accomplish this with a C++ SDK plugin, but that would be a lot of work  and almost certainly not worth it.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 5:03 AM   in reply to thinkink_es

i need put a custom mark for my objects. I try put a icon non printable and group the element but is problematic.

@thinkink_es – why do you think that is problematic?
    Do you publish for Flash, PDF or ADPS?

Uwe

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to thinkink_es

If you seriously want to peruse this, you should take a look at the SDK. Items of these kind are called "Page Adornments". There is nothing in ScriptUI that can do anything like this (other than automating the same process you are alady doing by hand).

In the SDK there should be a sample that stores, retrieves, and draws custom adornments for page items, and so it could be a good starting point.

Writing custom plugins is not for the faint of heart, though, or something that can be learned in a Sunday's afternoon.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points