• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WARNING : Creative Cloud activation is bunk? or is it just me...

May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working for a day, then it stopped working.

It keeps asking for activation now.

I activate then it fails, tells me I have it installed on more than one computer.

I install Pshop for the first time, same error

I install Premiere for the first time, same error

How do I have it installed on more than one computer if i'm installing it for the first time...

Contacted support on the first day, the agent tells me to wait 3 days...that line must go over well for people who have deadlines and where everday/hour counts to meeting deadlines.

I got to get stuff done, and find this is BS, so I contact support again a day later...

First agent basically wasted my time for 30 mins.  If the agent doesn't know how to solve the problem, they should stop pretending.

Second agent was atleast honest and transferred me to a 3rd agent.

Third agent tells me that the servers are overloaded and to try in two hours...

I'm thinking he just wants me off of chat to lower his handle time.

The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.  Waiting 3 days because this or that is bunk...issue may or maynot even be resolvable in 3 days I may SOL for much longer...good thing it's the weekend, but still some people have dead lines to meet.

If adobe is going to use a activate/deactivate option then they should emulate daemon-tools.  I haven't used that software for a while, but as I remember it they had a very nice system that doesn't INCONVENIENCE their customers.

- Users go to a website, and manage their own activations.

- They can see which computers are activated

- They can see which computers are no longer activated

- They can activate or deactivate on the website.

- With the current adobe system, I can't even see which computers are activated

- The only way to manage activate/deactivate is by loading the software and doing it from the help menu...I can't even get to the help menu because I'm stuck at the activation screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Issue seems to have been resolved.

Installing trial version, then installing cloud version with vmware thrown into the mix = activation good times

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Which plan have you bought for Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on  Creative Cloud 1 year...

The 3rd agent, said the servers were busy and to try in two hours, like I thought he just wanted me to get off the chat, so his handle times wouldn't be affected for the day.

I tried 8 hours later, still can't load the program, cleared browser cache etc..etc..no luck.  It's stuck at activation problem.  I installed pshop for the first time and it says it's been activated on multiple systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4th agent

Stephen: I am sorry,it seems to be a technical issue. Since we are from Customer Service team, Unfortunately, we don't have resource to resolve this  issue.

5th agent

K: Can you fix it or not?

Ali: For this issue I will give the link.

Ali: Please follow the link.

K: A link that will fix it?

Ali: It will help you to activate creative cloud.

Ali: Please click here for the link.

K: Hmmm...sounds interesting...no agent has said that yet

*** I really don't believe he has a magical link that will fix my issue ***

Ali: You can go ahead and activate the product.

Ali: Is there anything else I can help you with?

*** He didn't even wait to see if the link actually works, and he's already trying to end the chat ***

*** His magical link didn't fix the issue. ***

Another day, another set of agents to chat in with, hopefully I'll get one that can resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agent 6 : Amit

Agent 7 : Sandeep

Sandeep: Please try to contact the technical support and I assure you that they will help you to rectify your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agent 8 : Arun

Cancellation of Creative cloud subscription takes 2 - 3 days.

I don't believe Agent 8, so I chat in again...(until I see results, I won't believe it, so far it's all been BS)

Agent 9 : Ganesh R

First he says it can be cancelled immediately

Then later in the chat he says it will take 2 - 3 days

Ganesh R: You can contact us back if you do not hear anything from us after 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe creative cloud subscription sucks sucks sucks, they need to fix it.

If adobe is going to use a activate/deactivate option then they should emulate daemon-tools.  I haven't used that software for a while, but as I remember it they had a very nice system that doesn't INCONVENIENCE their customers.

- Users go to a website, and manage their own activations.

- They can see which computers are activated

- They can see which computers are no longer activated

- They can activate or deactivate on the website.

With the current adobe system,

- I can't even see which computers are activated

- The only way to manage activate/deactivate is by loading the software and doing it from the help menu...

- I can't even get to the help menu to deactivate because I'm stuck at the activation screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agent 10 : Srini

Srini: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Customer support is, if you have a technical issue you`re screwed till after the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

May I know the adobe id that has the Creative Cloud Subscription? You can send it to me in a private message if you are not commfortable in sharing it on a public forum. Also, can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you are seeing? Following logs will also help: amt3.log, oobelib.log. They are located at %temp% on win and /tmp on mac.(Hidden folder on mac, so use the go-->go to folder option in finder menu).

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited all weekend to get tech support

Agent 11

Navin B: I apologize I could not be of much help today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue seems to have been resolved.

Installing trial version, then installing cloud version with vmware thrown into the mix = activation good times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what did you do to resolve this? I uninstalled all adobe products and reinstalled with creative cloud and still no go. Did this with adobe support. 2 days now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll ask you what I asked the previous user: May I know the adobe id that has the Creative Cloud Subscription? You can send it to me in a private message if you are not commfortable in sharing it on a public forum. Also, can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you are seeing? Following logs will also help: amt3.log, oobelib.log. They are located at %temp% on win and /tmp on mac.(Hidden folder on mac, so use the go-->go to folder option in finder menu).

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this thread over to our download/installation forum.

For general Creative Cloud Membership questions, here is the FAQ link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issues for me, I wasted hours already with tech support, did all the right things, and this morning, after a 3 hour tech support session on Friday, again it was asking for my serial number. Agreed, Creative cloud sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would like to add a warning. Adobe makes cancelling your subscription near impossible. The manage subscription link never works. You can't access your credit card to remove it. Just took me over an hour of frustration just to get it cancelled. 4-5 phone calls, 2-3 transfers. Constant run around trying to get me to give up. Will never use another adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines