Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Folio Preview not working?

May 10, 2012 11:34 AM

I'm using InDesign CS5.5 withthe latest update along with the latest Folio Builder tools v20. When trying to preview articles using File>Folio Preview the Folio Preview panel opens and is blank. Using Overlay Creator's preview I have Adobe content viewer opening and there is a preview. Is this a bug or am I missing something. Never had this problem before.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to AndrewKACI

Previewing from that menu runs "preflight" tests that run and block content that would break content in the viewer, since that view is of a whole folio and not a single article. To make sure you see your article, make sure you have resolution and orientation matching the definition in the folio. The most common mistake that yields your issue is when a user sets their folio as dual orientation but has an article with only one orientation set.

Please follow up if you are sure your folio is in good shape, but your preview still does not appear. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 11:18 PM   in reply to AndrewKACI

I had same issue with Folio Producer tools 1.10, Folio Producer tools 1.10.1 is fixed.

Folio Producer tools 1.10 doesn't install Desktop viewer.

Try the latest build.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to AndrewKACI

Yes, this is a known issue in CS5 and 5.5. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399358#4399358 for details. You can invoke preview from the Folio Builder panel and it will work fine.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points