Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Making a stylized text identity plate problem

May 13, 2012 11:07 AM

When doing this for a pdf or slideshow, the text I enter is at 1/2 way point down of the little white box. CANNOT figure out how to get a new line of text. I hit enter and that just closes the window.  So I have to make one long line, and even then it starts to dissapear from view at the bottom of the window. thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 11:31 AM   in reply to kevin4545

To get a new line you need to hold down the Alt/Option key when ta[[ing the Return key.

Note, above defintely works on Mac platform, but some users have indicated that it doesn't on Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 1:13 PM   in reply to kevin4545

Kevin,

The identity plate isn't particularly user friendly (imo only one step up from useless). Have you looked at the possibility of using 'custom text', which is an option under the ABC menu just below the content window in Slideshow menu. With it you can type the full text of the content you want to display then insert the cursor at relevent break points before hitting Alt/Option+ Return. This way you can see everything you want to write. The same trick can be used with Idnetity Plate but the number of characters visible is a lot fewer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 2:38 PM   in reply to kevin4545

The custom text can be dragged to any point on the screen or the border. Attached screenshot shows an example.

The zoom to fill screen issue will likely be because your screen dimensions are not equal to the size you chose when exporting the pdf. For example, the screen might be 1500 by 1300 pixels and the pdf was saved for 1600 by 1200 pixels. Personally, I find that exporting the images as TIFFs sized as to fill the actual screen size (from above 1600 by 1200) then reimport. My slideshow will be built using the resized TIFF files.

custom-text.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points