Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Business Catalyst and Creative Cloud not Working

May 11, 2012 8:18 PM

Tags: #catalyst #creative #in #log #business #cloud

I have a $2000 Premiere Business Catalyst Partner account.  I set up my BC account and my Adobe ID years ago under different e-mails.  When I tried to integrate my BC and Adobe Creative Cloud e-mails I got an error saying that I have to create a new Adobe ID.

I created a new ID.  Now with Dreamweaver I'm getting the following error that I don't have a Partner Account!!!  I do have a partner account, it's just under a different e-mail.  Am I to stomach the fact that I will not be ablt to use my BC account on Creative Cloud simply because they are under 2 different e-mails?  I've been waiting to use BC and Creative Cloud for months, what a dissapointment.  This takes all the appeal out of Dreamweaver, Muse, and more, if I can't use Business Catalyst with Creative Cloud.  Please help....

I Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 8.17.09 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 11:55 PM   in reply to Log Home

Please refer to a couple of similar threads below.

Can't access my BC Premium Partner site in Dreamweaver CS6 - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399268#4399268

BC and DW CS6 Issues - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399267#4399267

Also, please reference the last FAQ note within the page below.

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2153

|
    Mark as:
    May 12, 2012 4:28 AM   in reply to Log Home

I thought this was helpful and worked for me:

How do I access sites in Dreamweaver with an Adobe ID other than the one linked to my Creative Cloud or Dreamweaver subscription?

Dreamweaver defaults to using the Adobe ID from your subscription to avoid the inconvenience of logging in multiple times. To use a different ID, just click the "Logout" button in the lower-right hand corner of the Business Catalyst panel and log in with a different Adobe ID. You'll need to have a file open in an existing BC site for the "Logout" button to be visible. Logging out will not affect the Adobe ID used in conjunction with your Dreamweaver subscription. To change the Adobe ID for your subscription, click Help -> Deactivate.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 3:45 PM   in reply to Log Home

I am having the same issues I have created a new site in businesscatalyst in Dreamweaver but can not access by trial site in Dreamweaver.. I can access the Trail site I set up with the sub domain I set up with my Adobe ID but can not access with in Dreamweaver I fear what will happen in MUSE since I want my client(s) to use Muse like they used Contribute. Or if need be business catalyst sites them selves.  I have been using a full on Colfusion eCommerce and CMS application that I no longer want to support and am anxious to move them all to a new platform. No downer here on Coldfusion I just need to do upgrades for some customers and the Business Catalyst soultion seems to fit the bill for some of them.

Can Import the trail site?  I Spent a lot of time changing things as a proof of concept for my client.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 8:22 PM   in reply to Donbear

Try asking this over on the BC Forums: http://forums.adobe.com/community/business_catalyst   - Someone there may be able to help you that deals directly with BC.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2012 3:34 AM   in reply to Log Home

Hi, This is a major screw up in implementation by Adobe in my view and Adobe support seem clueless! but try this 420 Colorado - open one of your existing business catalyst site files on your local machine - this should then kick the BC log out button in the BC panel. So select the site in the Dreamweaver file manager window and open - say a template file on the right (loacl machine) - for me this kicked the BC dialogue to enable the logout button - I could then log in using my BC partner login... good luck ;-]

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points