Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

what in the world is with flash pro 6 !

May 13, 2012 8:06 PM

okay - as soon as i loaded my code into the new version

(i actually tried to re-download FLASH5.5 from last week

because the FONT embedding was not working - i believe

someone left out the **** module that Font attempts to

access and that fonts dont work at all with flash 55? i

tried every method on every site and have had fonts

working before in flash5/as3 and trust me it was not

going to work without loading something in FLEX even

though i am not using flex, and apparently it was not



sooo i tried to re-download to see if i accidentally did

not install it as an option though all i remember as an

option was unchecking the AIR items


and i was forced to download PRO 6




now when i compile i can tell you are doing more ecmia

compliance and that you are actually doing reverse tracebacks

(if not three nested layers of reverse tracebacks)


but here's the thing - my code will not function in any way and

will not give me any kind of sane error reporting in any way at

all to have any idea whatsoever what is going on




i am pretty sure i hit an actual bug in your stack and that it

fails in the engine and does not actually get caught because

it is an actual bug


as far as i know you MIGHT be able to recreate the problem

by attempting to use a dynamic type class with a static structure

inside of it then create a static instance of that class within

the class definition - it is a basic paradigm i am not going to

get into naming it but it is very casual and very easy and allows

you to do an engine driver without putting too much cruft in


so when you define the class, let's say a simple class

(this is psuedo-code)


public class actionizer {

     public static var myAction = new actionizer("lemmings");

     public function actionizer () {





then depending if you are hitting the static part (hey static

is there for a reason!) - you go in and out of referencing the

static parts or the actual instance, if you want to refer to

one or the other in terms of a dictionarized type of rosterizer


this is convenient for multi-screen systems where you want

one engine on one screen and the other engine on the other

screen and want to access static methods and stores for

both of them without having to be too long winded about it

if you need to deploy it for a client in 2 months for a comdex

convention and absolutely need the same "engine" and at

a minimum two screens to display what you are not going

to repeat throughout twenty actionscript files while not

contaminating the graphic designers and other interface



now back in the main artillery loader you call up a bunch

of your routines like so (also psuedo-code);


import actionizer;

import tokenizer;

import lemmingizer;

import interfacers;


now this works because you add everything into the library

include directions in the actionscript3 properties so that it

will seek / hunt into the sub-directories so you can keep

sane workgroup control


so that gives you "global" (i am also hesitant to use that

word) access to everything you imported, though that does

NOT work with flash internals, because of the basic engine

design --- which is probably what i am getting at


in my actionizer i am not able to hit the includes my libraries





i have eighteen years of coding experience and i know how

the errors work and i tried a few other renders and compiles

and things so i am prettttty sure i actually hit an uncaught-error

in your stack due to static subclassing a static type


now this is because all of the usages of include and library files

are teccchnically visa vis static


so if you mess around a bit (there is no way i can send you

my code, i work in gaming and i have an NDA and am not

allowed to pass it on and i might be toting this code around

for the next eight to twelve years and i'd basically have to

send you the engine to get it to you


but i am prettttty sure since my code only has about two

hundred lines at the moment that you can easily recreate it


and what you get is a reverse traceback where all of the

errors are sorted in opposite order from the last error

to the first error with the first error displayed as a different

run and i think its at least two or three sets of errors,

but the last set is DEFINITELY printing out the line

numbers in reverse meaning its hitting a hardcore reverse

lookup and i am doubting that is a "new" feature of flash pro 6



so i am pretty sure there is nothing i can possibly do to fix

my code and i will be sitting here staring at it because i cant

download flash pro 55 - because trust me i can not change a

line nor add lines nor do anything whatsoever to get the

architecture behavior to change - and its not throwing errors

in any of the other classes and to be completely honest!!

if i cancel out every single reference to importing the "affected

file" -- it still hits it!!!!! lol. i mean i commented out every reference

to it - its not a lot of code - and its still going into the library and

include directory and nailing the **** thing





let me know if you need any help or further comments i am

pretty sure you can recognize the way the error is printing out

in reverse as a technical administration engine core stack problem

so i can give you more parts of the sembelence of the code to

re-create it so you can trip the error in your main compiler



thanks and i'll be in touch - right now im like doh coz there aint

a thing i can do to this code to get over the hurdle , and im not

even being obstinant about that lofl


More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

  • 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points