Skip navigation
t4sca
Currently Being Moderated

WARNING : Creative Cloud activation is bunk? or is it just me...

May 12, 2012 10:24 AM

It was working for a day, then it stopped working.

It keeps asking for activation now.

I activate then it fails, tells me I have it installed on more than one computer.

I install Pshop for the first time, same error

I install Premiere for the first time, same error

How do I have it installed on more than one computer if i'm installing it for the first time...

Contacted support on the first day, the agent tells me to wait 3 days...that line must go over well for people who have deadlines and where everday/hour counts to meeting deadlines.

I got to get stuff done, and find this is BS, so I contact support again a day later...

First agent basically wasted my time for 30 mins.  If the agent doesn't know how to solve the problem, they should stop pretending.

Second agent was atleast honest and transferred me to a 3rd agent.

Third agent tells me that the servers are overloaded and to try in two hours...

I'm thinking he just wants me off of chat to lower his handle time.

The system is flawed and needs to be fixed.  Waiting 3 days because this or that is bunk...issue may or maynot even be resolvable in 3 days I may SOL for much longer...good thing it's the weekend, but still some people have dead lines to meet.

If adobe is going to use a activate/deactivate option then they should emulate daemon-tools.  I haven't used that software for a while, but as I remember it they had a very nice system that doesn't INCONVENIENCE their customers.

- Users go to a website, and manage their own activations.

- They can see which computers are activated

- They can see which computers are no longer activated

- They can activate or deactivate on the website.

- With the current adobe system, I can't even see which computers are activated

- The only way to manage activate/deactivate is by loading the software and doing it from the help menu...I can't even get to the help menu because I'm stuck at the activation screen.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 10:36 AM   in reply to t4sca

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Which plan have you bought for Creative Cloud?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 3:41 AM   in reply to t4sca

Hi,

May I know the adobe id that has the Creative Cloud Subscription? You can send it to me in a private message if you are not commfortable in sharing it on a public forum. Also, can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you are seeing? Following logs will also help: amt3.log, oobelib.log. They are located at %temp% on win and /tmp on mac.(Hidden folder on mac, so use the go-->go to folder option in finder menu).

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 4:49 PM   in reply to t4sca

I'm moving this thread over to our download/installation forum.

For general Creative Cloud Membership questions, here is the FAQ link:

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:19 PM   in reply to t4sca

So what did you do to resolve this? I uninstalled all adobe products and reinstalled with creative cloud and still no go. Did this with adobe support. 2 days now!

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 1:35 PM   in reply to marezj2012

Hi,

I'll ask you what I asked the previous user: May I know the adobe id that has the Creative Cloud Subscription? You can send it to me in a private message if you are not commfortable in sharing it on a public forum. Also, can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you are seeing? Following logs will also help: amt3.log, oobelib.log. They are located at %temp% on win and /tmp on mac.(Hidden folder on mac, so use the go-->go to folder option in finder menu).

Regards,

Anirudh

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 5:01 AM   in reply to t4sca

same issues for me, I wasted hours already with tech support, did all the right things, and this morning, after a 3 hour tech support session on Friday, again it was asking for my serial number. Agreed, Creative cloud sucks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2013 9:35 AM   in reply to schoups

Would like to add a warning. Adobe makes cancelling your subscription near impossible. The manage subscription link never works. You can't access your credit card to remove it. Just took me over an hour of frustration just to get it cancelled. 4-5 phone calls, 2-3 transfers. Constant run around trying to get me to give up. Will never use another adobe product.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points