Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere CS6 not exporting to ME6 Queue

May 11, 2012 3:08 PM

I've had nothing but success with Premiere Pro CS6, but the ability to Queue up videos to Media Encoder CS6 suddenly stopped functioning (nothing happened that I'm aware of). I'm able to Export just fine from Premiere and can add manually to ME, but cannot export to the queue list.

This happens after reboot, with different video files, and when the renderings are deleted or not. MECS6 will open, but just sit there. Any ideas of what would be going on?

System Specs:

Mac Pro 1.1 on OSX 10.6.8

Dual 2.66GHz Intel Xeon

GeForce 7300GT

4GB ram

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 12, 2012 9:24 PM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

Hate to say this...but let it sit for 10-15mins....i have to do that now EVERY TIME i send to Queue....at least try it...i was pulling my hair out waiting for the transfer box to do something just sitting there....seemed to be worse after 10.7.4 upgrade,.....well it was actually. Whether it's because of it or not i cannot say...but that's my experience. hopefully adobe will address this and other concerns. I know the guys working this forum must be overloaded.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 5:43 AM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

If either of you are using Warp Stabilizer in any of your exported sequences, then please read here:

memory and storage tips for Warp Stabilizer and 3D Camera Tracker « After Effects region of interest

It may help explain what's taking so long to queue up the sequences.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 6:24 PM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

The Adobe Media Encoder CS6 (6.0.1) update is available. See if you still have this problem after installing the update.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 7:34 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Same here....did not use Warp Sabilizer. But i do have some effects as well as 3rd party from red giant, mercali and neat video. But exporting w/out those effects i get same thing...have to wait about 7-10mins....not sure if it also has to do with a 52min project? and R3d's etc....but just doesn't seem right.

Downloading 6.01

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

Last night downloaded latest 6.01---NO GO....still waiting for AME to get project sent over--mine does have heavy grading...

Exporting direct from PrPro is NOT an option....i get no reder bar updating, but it is sending out my Tiff sequence...however at a rate I calculate is 2x longer than AME.....adn of course i don't know if it is sending out Tiffs when i don't check the finder folder i sent it to....

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:40 AM   in reply to johnnyfriday

Couple of question for you guys.

1) What is the size of your project file.

2) Do you have a firewall running?  what happens if you disable it?

3) Does it happen if you just have a simple timeline with a single clip?

-Nathan Boerman

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 11:23 AM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

UPDATE:  ok, from premier with a small clip--not my giant 52min project....it does que up the render bar faster...kind of what i would expect...I setup a 5 sec clip withing the project area...basically took project bars around one 5 sec area and exported via PrPr--that works...and no big delays for me...

Now...i took the same 5 sec clip and sent to queue....i get the same delay and this time timed it...---it took 8mins for a 5 sec clip to get loaded into AME....

No firewalls here. I've not tried a single clip in a timeline--for now just a small area in my larger timeline/project.

Edit:  additionally sending this 5sec clip to AME....i then hit the play...and just sits...this has happened on EVERY attempt...it will then NOT stop when i hit stop...get spinning ball and then i have to force quit---usually doing the same procedure 2 or 3 times until it DOES work.

Edit 2:  to be clear---on export direct from PrPro...it still takes a while for the render box to update...even while files are being spit out--since i verify the output folder....so there's quite a delay there. and this was only a 5 sec clip.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

Lots of good info. 

What happens if you save your ppro project, close it on ppro side and then drag and drop that project into AME queue window?  Does that also take long time to show up?  If you click on play button to start encode, how long before encoding start?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

HI Gents....yes, thanks for all the input....I'm actually in the middle of encoding to various codecs at the moment...but yes, i think there are some good suggestions...I'll pick this up when i finish my project tonight.

Thanks....

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

Well....not quite finished with my additional encodes...but i did restart Premier...Here is what i can report as BUGGY....

Send to Queue small or large clip/sequence to AME....ALWAYS takes up to 7 or more minutes to finally land on AME...then, when i hit the play/transcode button...it will begin transcoding for a whle...then stalls--ALMOST EVERYTIME...usually takes me 2 or 3 tries for it to finish the encode...BUT, i cannot just stop it in AME when it stalls...i go to Stop and am prompted if i want to finish the encode--I choose no....then go to quit....then the spinning wheel comes into play--THIS--every time....so i have to force quit AME EVERY SINGLE time....in fact just happened again...now and this is what prompted me to reply....I'll now force quit AME and go back to PrPr and send again to AME...Why am i using AME?  well, it goes MUCH faster than out of PrPro from what i have noticed at least on the render bar...what it shows for time remaining.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to johnnyfriday

johnnyfriday,

Have you tried importing the project/sequence into AME with PPRO closed as Nariman suggested, or dragging and dropping the sequence from PPRO's Project panel to AME's Queue (or to a preset or custom group in the Preset Browser)? These two workflows exercise a much different codepath than File>Export>Media, so knowing whether you experience the long lag in both cases would help us determine the scope of the issue.

Also, since GiveMoreMediaInc reported that his system apparently started behaving properly after rebooting, I should ask: Have you rebooted recently?

-Mark Mapes

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 9:06 PM   in reply to Mark Mapes

Mark,

thanks for the input....all of the above in just a bit...still rendering out a project...and i intend to do the aforementioned steps...

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to johnnyfriday

So i tried rebooting:  that did not accomplish anything--still 7-8 minute waits to export project to AME

As for grabbing my Sequence in the Project Bin---i grabbed it and dropped it into a Preset in Preset Browser...NOTE:  the Presets do not or did not unfold for me...i had to click the drop down arrow and then go back to project panel and drop on one of the presets: 

....This worked and took only 1min 20secs for my 52min project...BUT, there were no signs of it actually working--meaning showing me a display that it was putting the file in AME....normally if that had happened i would have tried again and finally quit the app and begin over..so that is an obvious area to fix...

As for closing down PrPro and dropping the sequence....not sure how to do this...since my sequences/projects (i have 6 sequences within this oine PrPro project) are embeded within PrPro project bin....I'm glad to do this if you can tell me the steps on how to do it in order to help eliminate where issues are.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to johnnyfriday

To import a sequence into AME with PPRO closed, open an OS file browser and go to the path where your pproj is saved. Drag and drop that file into AME (either onto a preset in the Preset Browser or directly into the Queue). You can also select "Add Premiere Pro Sequence" in the File Menu and then browse to your project. Regardless of which path you go down, AME will bring up dialog that shows you all the sequences within the project.

I expect that importing through one of these workflows will yield the same results as dragging and dropping a sequence from PPRO to AME. All of these methods work directly with the original project file, whereas the normal workflow of exporting from PPRO (File>Export>Media) saves a temporary copy of the sequence at the instance you export.

Note that in our experience, all of these export workflows add the job to AME in a matter of a few seconds, so we did see a need for a progress dialog. Clearly in your case something is significantly bogging down the process. Perhaps project size or complexity, effects & color grading, some I/O bottleneck.... The fact that drag-and-drop is, what, five times faster makes me suspect that an I/O problem (something like a badly fragmented disc where the snapshot of the sequence is being saved) is at least part of the equation, but that doesn't explain why drag-and-drop still takes over a minute.

• Can you check RAM and CPU usage before and during export to see if either resource is getting pegged?
    • Also, what drives do you have your project on and are you encoding to? Are you using a solid state drive? An external drive? Working across a network? Do you have antivirus software running?

Another possible culprit is conforming audio. I'm not sure what the best way is to check if that's happening other than watching your media cache folder to see if new files are being written.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 27, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I've had these issues as well and am very frustrated because it did no happen in CS5.  I have completely given up on export anything directly form CS6 to AME.   Since paying for this software monthly, it is especially frustrating to have something that is so "beta."  

When will this be fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 6:22 AM   in reply to Mark Mapes

I've been having similar issues lately. No matter what project it is, 5 second sequences or 15 minute sequences, import from AME CS6 or Queue from PPro CS6, or reinstall AME CS6, it still just doesn't show up. I've cleared my cache, have no firewalls going, have restarted my machine plenty of times and I just can't get it to show up. I've already gotten the recent update. Still no progress. Are there any other solutions?

Thanks!

Specs:

2x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

6TB internal Hitachi HD

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2 GB DDR5

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 15, 2012 9:45 PM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

Has anyone found an answer or solution for this issue?  It is incredibly frustrating since creating an export queue was such a wonderful thing in CS5.  I typically queue up dozens of files to export overnight/off-hours, but now I have to baby-sit the system, exporting media sequences one at a time out of premiere pro.  Horrible waste of my time.  Export Media > Queue doesn't not work... Just says "preparing data for export" and hangs indefinitely.  Opening media encoder and importing a Premiere Pro project file doesn't work either... Just says "loading project file" and hangs indefinitely.  I can provide specs and/or more details if requested, but I am really hoping someone can provide a solution or efficient work around!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to mikehough

I'm with ya, Mike, i used the queue to speed things up and now i'm back to babysitting the exports.  would love it if adobe would respond to this...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 16, 2012 4:21 PM   in reply to hillscreenprod

A friend of mine who makes a living as an After Effects artist suggested this work around:  import the project or sequences into after effects, add each to a separate composition, and send it each composition to the render queue in After Effects.  In theory, it would work the same way as the media encoder queue.  I haven't tried this yet, but theoretically it sounds like it might work...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to mikehough

Just updated and STILL not any closer to solving this issue. Can ANYONE help? No jobs from PPRO cs6 are going to the encoder and no jobs can be imported directly in the encoder. Any help is grateful.

Thanks

Specs:

2x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

6TB internal Hitachi HD

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2 GB DDR5

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to gidphoto

Gidphoto - does this happen with all projects, or just one in particular?  Reason I ask, is because I had the same problem, and it turned out to be caused by a single corrupt media file in the project.  Once I removed the corrupt media, everything worked fine.  Good test is to make a copy of the project (as a backup), then choose "remove unused media" from the file menu.  Then try to send to media encoder.  Also, check the project panel for any media that is "offline" or "pending" that could be causing the system hang up.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 22, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to gidphoto

I found a work around - suggested by another member.  the issue is with the cuda driver update.   i went back to cuda driver 5.0.24 (from 5.0.36 or whatever it was) and AME started working again - with no issues in other parts of the program occuring b/c i back dated to a previous version. 

this was super easy to do - it just overwrote the newer version. have tested this extensively across a good 6-7 projects and everything is working flawlessly.  i've almost got the exact same spec you have as well. 

here's the link.  good luck!

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-5.0.24-driver.html

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2012 11:22 AM   in reply to GiveMoreMediaInc

I had the same problem. After trying several solutions, I realized that the "queue" panel was closed and I simply needed to reopen it from the Window pull-down. A dozen files were waiting for me.

An I/O error for sure. ;-)

HDco, a branding agency

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points