Skip navigation
Travis Rooney
Currently Being Moderated

ability to create a dvd menu (for wedding) with "start" function?

May 14, 2012 9:29 AM

hi there

i hope you can help.

i urgently need to create some a dvd menu for a wedding. i have the picture and i wanted some kind of effect and the options to have a 'start' option...so it plays when the user presses 'start' .. is this possible to do in elements.

i am going to have main wedding video file in a .mov file...and i wanted to to add an intro at the beginning of the video..

can you please help? this is really stressing me out..

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Travis Rooney

Travis,

The navigational functions in PrE's DVD-Video authoring module are very limited.

Pretty much, one can choose a Menu Set (both a Main Menu and a Scene Selection Menu), and then with the addition of a Menu Marker, and Scene Markers, let PrE create the linear navigation. One can modify many Menu Sets, but only to a limited level.

For more intricate navigation, I strongly recommend another program, just for the authoring. Many users sing the praises of Sony's DVD Architect, which has a much better feature-set, than does PrE. I use Adobe Encore, but it is ONLY available with PrPro, and not as a stand-alone any more.

Steve Grisetti, our MOD here, has written a great book on DVD Architect, in the Muvipix.com series, and if you do go with that program, I highly recommend his book.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points