• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Format for Muse?

New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Muse support video formats AIFF or MPEG-4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Corey@Adobe wrote:

...Muse supports both the embedding of .swf videos on the Muse site directly...

Here are the steps to make a SWF video:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/tutorials/videoencoderwizard/

You'll need to buy Flash, if you don't already have a license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse does not support video.

The current workaround (to place video in a web page) is to use the "insert HTML..." function from Muse's "Object" menu.  You can paste in the HTML needed to display video. This HTML can be found on video hosting sites like YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marion. What is the best way to generate an HTML code from a video, not from youtube. Can I get the video published on the internet somehow and get the code that way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How comfortable are you with HTML? If not much, these third party video hosting sites (YouTube/Vimeo/etc) are your best option.

If you are comfortable with HTML and want to host video on your own server, take a look at FlowPlayer. You can embed FlowPlayer's code with Muse's insert HTML function. You'll also need to copy the FlowPlayer files to your server and convert your video to a web-friendly format. Details appear on the site:

http://flowplayer.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so the answer is no. ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Muse supports both the embedding of .swf videos on the Muse site directly, or streaming of video content from video hosting companies like AdobeTV, Vimeo and YouTube. You can use the embed/sharing code provided by these services to include video in your pages.

For step-by-step instructions on embedding a video please check out the tutorial here: Adding a lightbox feature that displays video hosted on a third-party server

Best regards,

Corey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey@Adobe wrote:

...Muse supports both the embedding of .swf videos on the Muse site directly...

Here are the steps to make a SWF video:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/tutorials/videoencoderwizard/

You'll need to buy Flash, if you don't already have a license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Thanks.  Complicated though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but can I convert a .mov file to .swf file?  I am not familiar with the file type.  I have already used Youtube to insert 'embed' code for a few videos and it works well.  I do want to add a short video to my Muse site that does not use Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Try out videomonkey

its free simpel and it works in a split

and convert it all

http://videomonkey.org/

Best regards,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corey,

I follow the indtructions but could not get the youtube video to load in the light. I use other sliders but get the same result of seeing the video on the page.

So, it seems like the video only loads to the main page, not at the sepecific location of the light box.

With the container selected, I try both methods paste youtube embeded code directly into the selected areas of the container, and use objectwith insert HTML. The video didn't load into the widget BUT to the page.

are there any other methods? Or any other settings?

Appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been struggling with the video placement in Muse.

I found that if you go to design viw of the page you want to ad video to, go to file place, select the video in the swf format. The video will load into your curser. Click the page to place the video abd resize it.

I made a sample site, placed two video loops on two different pages and so far its working, but we'se!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this seems like alot of work. I thought muse would be more drag and drop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using ConverterLite at to convert the file formats.  http://www.converterlite.com/ . I found that if I make a rectangle, select "Place", select the swf file, the curser loads with the image and in preview the video plays. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am told SWF does not work on moble devices, what other options are there so that my web pages will work in all OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="320" height="256" >

<param name="src" value="your video here">

<param name="autoplay" value="false">

<param name="controller" value="true">

<embed src="example.m4v" type="video/mp4" width="320" height="256" controller="true" controls="true" autostart="false"/>

</object>

put the url of your video where the your video here leave the " "

change the width="320" height="256" to what ever dimensions your video is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines