Skip navigation
TomBerglie
Currently Being Moderated

Urgent: File > Folio Preview opens an empty "Folio Preview" panel (ID CS 5.5)

May 9, 2012 11:45 AM

Hi!

I just updated The Folio Builder panel, and the command File > Folio Preview does not send the document to the Content Viewer as usual, but opens a new panel called Folio Preview ..., which remains empty.

I can preview documents as usual using the Preview button at the bottom of the Overlay Creator panel, but not using the menu command. There is a check mark next to the Folio Preview command on the File menu when the panel remains open. (Doing some searches on this forum, there seemed to be a similar problem last October, but I would have thought it should be solved by now.)

I'm experiencing this problem on both my PC running Windows 7 and my MacBook Pro running Mac OS. (Both laptops are running the Norwegian version of the repective OS.)

I can work around the problem using the Overlay Creator panel, but if anybody has an explanation and/or solution I would be very grateful. I'm starting a two day course teaching DPS tomorrow, so this is rather urgent.

Best regards,

Tom

PS. I'll try to upload a screen shot shortly to clarify the situation.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 9, 2012 8:31 PM   in reply to TomBerglie

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as Tom describes. Seems to be new behavior since the latest update.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to KeithGilbert

Neil Enns confirmed this in another thread. You can evoke the Preview in

the Overlay Creator, there it should work.

—Johannes

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:24 AM   in reply to Johannes Eckert

Yes, this is a known issue in CS5 and 5.5. You can invoke folio preview from the Folio Builder panel instead and it will work fine. See http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399358#4399358 for my message about it.

Neil

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to TomBerglie

Sorry Tom for not reading all the content of your post ,-)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points