• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creation of backup DVD's since you will not allow the installation DVD to be used.

New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now understand that you refuse to let me use the installation /back up DVD as an installation / back up DVD and insist that I make my own back up DVD’s. I have gone through the usual nightmare trying to find your instructions and can find none.

How do I go through the excess steps to create back up DVD’s for Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements that you will not allow the installation/backup DVD to be used for?

I bought DVD's to be spared this nightmare.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no copy protection on our install files.  You would use the same process you normally use to burn DVDs. 

Why are you unable to use the installation DVDs btw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The chat folks got the Premiere Elements installed with a herculean effort including downloading off the Internet.  The Photoshop Elements installed fine.

My request was based on the legal agreement.  It read to me like I had to save the application from the hard drive to a DVD to get a back up copy made and that that was the only way I was allowed to do it.

The chat folks, based on the severe problem I had installing Premiere, are mailing me a replacement DVD to use as a backup which is the sort of media I would expect.  I guess the legal language as I read it deviates from the normal situation.

Thank you for the follow up.

Robert J. La Trémouille

875 Massachusetts Avenue, #31

Cambridge, MA 02139-3070

617-283-7649 / 617-491-7181

Facebook:  Friend the Charles River White Geese on their facebook page.Visit our blog: http://charlesriverwhitegeeseblog.blogspot.com

Visit our website: http://www.charlesriverwhitegeese.org

Watch The Cambridge Environment on local cable in Cambridge, MA

Cable Channel 9, Sundays at 6:30 pm, now in its 17th year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines