Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Load CS5.5 Projects Into Premier PRo Cs6 when they contain MTS files

May 14, 2012 3:51 PM

Tags: #pro #mts #avchd #cs6 #premier

I recently installed My Upgraded Version of CS6 from Disks Sent by Adobe. After doing so, i can no longer see CANON MTS files, they open as Offline Media and it also cann not be replaced or re-imported into the Project. In CS5.5 they still open normally. I even imported correctly into After Effects CS6, adn they were viewable. Premier Pro Twitter help Says Solution maybe to start fresh with a new project?? This isnt REALLY a viable option since i have a TON of CS5.5 Projects that contain Canon MTS Files. So if there are any other suggestions i am ALL EARS!!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 3:54 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

i have a TON of CS5.5 Projects

General wisdom is to finish those in 5.5, and only start new projects in CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

Please make sure that CS6 is properly activated (requires online activation) so that the protected content will allow these codecs to import.

That is the only reason I can think of right now why you aren't able to relink these files.

Reg Santo Tomas

Premiere Pro QE

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 4:37 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

Did you try them in a new project?  They still don't work even then?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:30 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

Just for clarification, are you unable to open the project at all or is it opening but not allowing you to import/relink the mts files?

Reg Santo Tomas

Premiere Pro QE

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to TheMtyThor

yes works in a new project

O-kaaay...then why is it not an option to finish current projects in the current version and only start new projects in the new version?

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 9:40 PM   in reply to Reg Santo Tomas

For my clarification of the issue.

One has never been able to open a previous version project in a later version ...directly.

It usually / always asks if you want to save as a "NEW VERSION PROJECT" first.... and give one a save as option.

What was your workflow as regards opening a CS5.5 project in CS6?

Something I have never done cross versions is Import a previous version into a later version...so I have no idea if that ever worked or otherwise.

Importing and Opening are two  very different things and would be handled differently by Premiere - I expect..

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:53 PM   in reply to shooternz

I'm thinking this isn't a project compatibility issue.  This is the 2nd instance I've heard from users that Canon MTS files aren't working correctly in CS6.  I believe QE's looking into the issue to see if they can repro.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:35 AM   in reply to Wil Renczes

Wil, I think that this may be the same issue that you heard about earlier, since Thor here is the person whose issue I alerted the team about earlier.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 3:19 AM   in reply to TheMtyThor

I will test this with Panasonic mts files in the morning.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to shooternz

Sony AVCHD files link automatically in the new CS6 project.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:06 AM   in reply to TheMtyThor

CS6 has a comparable issue with mxf files, which adobe is aware of, and is working on.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to TheMtyThor

TheMtyThor,

Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure that I was following the proper trail.

I will check this out today and see if I can reproduce this issue as described.

Reg Santo Tomas

Premiere Pro QE

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 9:16 PM   in reply to shooternz

I'm in a similar jam.

So does the solution go as follows? : Open the Premiere Pro CS5.5 project in CS5.5 > save as > new version project > close Pp CS5.5 > then open the saved project in Pp CS6.

Is there a similar process for opening an After effects CS5.5 project in Ae CS6 ?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points