• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud sites expire in 30 days?

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Creative Cloud site for a one page wedding site. In my partner portal it says it expires in one month? Does it automatically renew as long as you are subscribed or is it no longer free after 30 days?

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Hi Brad,

You are correct. Any site that is "Pushed live" from your collection of 5 Creative Cloud sites is there to stay forever. You can associate a domain, but even this is not required.

The 30 days automatic extension applies only to Temporary sites.

Hope this helps,

Alexandru

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brad,

It'll auto-extend once your access the admin or site via FTP. 

Please see my response to your query in the documentation section.

- http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2153#comment-3502

Cheers!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney, but that is for trial sites, I am reffering to the five creative cloud sites that once you go live with it.

Having to log in to an admin for no reason every month is certainly not very practical for live sites that have such limited capabilities. Really nothing to log in for once it is built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brad, It is better then it used to be.

You had to log into the partner portal and extend the expiry of sites you developed. That is lots of clicks. Being set so when you as the developer next log in to the admin triggers the update - Great stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to respectfully disagree, Liam. For temporary sites that are in development yes, but live sites that I don't have any reason to have to log in to the back end for months or even a year. To have to login once a month just to keep a client site alive seems a bit ridiculous? So if I happen to be away or forget to login to a client site what happens? It goes away? Thats not cool.

Should it not be live if you have pushed it live and assigned a domain name to it and everything as long as you are subscribed to the Creative Cloud?

Message was edited by: Brad Lawryk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

You are correct. Any site that is "Pushed live" from your collection of 5 Creative Cloud sites is there to stay forever. You can associate a domain, but even this is not required.

The 30 days automatic extension applies only to Temporary sites.

Hope this helps,

Alexandru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alexandru! Thats the news I was hoping to hear. It makes perfect sense to do it that way.

Thanks! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see that Paid Partners can also now designate trial sites as templates that never expire. So there are now paid sites, sites with unpaid invoices, trial sites, template trial sites, and the 5 free sites through Creative Cloud.

It would be nice if there was some comprehensive documentation relating how things are affected as far as expiry among all the different types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines