Skip navigation
bjbarden
Currently Being Moderated

Existing subscription automatically upgrade to Creative Cloud?

May 13, 2012 3:51 AM

I have an existing Premiere CS5.5 subscription. I called Adobe on Thursday the 10th of May to ask about moing to Creative Cloud.

I was told (after being put on hold for 20 mins while he went and found out) that my subscription would automatically upgrade to Creative Cloud on Friday the 11th and I would get an email about it on Friday.

I have heard nothing, my account still shows the 5.5 sub, I dodn't even have the option to update the single product (Premiere) to CS6 as I should under the terms of the old type subscription.

Has anybody else had similar experience or managed to resolve it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:23 PM   in reply to bjbarden

What Adobe ID is your subscription associated with? Is it the info@benb...... one?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to bjbarden

Hi Ben, i've had the same sort of problem. They have automatically upgraded me and taken less money from my account which is great! However, my old software is now asking for serial numbers to continue my monthly subscription on CS5.1 standard (which i no longer want). Please help me understand what i have to do now!! I've just got home from my holiday and am absolutely clueless about this adobe cloud. My head is in the clouds with it, literaly. Do I have to reinstall software? Do i get access to all adobe programes with this? Help!!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2012 2:46 PM   in reply to DKD2000

Hi DKD2000,

Since you no longer want the older software you can just uninstall them. The Creative Cloud Membership works through the website https://creative.adobe.com and licensing is done using your Adobe ID (same one you use to sign in to the forums here). If you go that webpage I gave, sign in with your Adobe ID and then click over to the Apps section, clicking any of the Download links should bring up a program called the Adobe Application Manager. This will help you automatically download and install your CS6 apps.

These might be helpful for you getting started:

http://tv.adobe.com/show/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-web/

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-web/inst alling-desktop-apps-from-creative-cloud/

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2012 12:22 PM   in reply to David__B

Unrelated question: If I do the Creative Cloud Membership and I have problems, how well monitored are the forums?  I only ask because I have tried to contact Adobe in the past through phone and email and it seems like I get dumped into a queue and forgotten about.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points