• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't complete App Manager install - getting error code A12E1

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading the Adobe Application Manager to my Mac Pro (Lion 10.7.3), I launch the installer from the disk image. It begins, and eventually asks for my admin password. I give it, and then get the following error screen:

"We've encountered the following issues:

Sorry, the program is not responding correctly (Error code: A12E1)"

What's going wrong? I can't tell what program isn't responding, and searching for the error code doesn't shed much light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Taz

P.S. I still have CS5 installed on my machine. I'm not likely to remove it until 6 is working properly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

SOLVED!

I downloaded and ran the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner tool, cleared out everything it displayed, and then tried the 2nd installer again. Seems to have worked!  It's downloading apps now.  If it fails, I'll post again. Otherwise, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LA Taz are you installing the Adobe Application Manager to use with Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yup! This is to use with Creative Cloud.  Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

-Taz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is a process named 'AAM Update Notifier' or 'AAM Registration Notifier' is running. Kill this prcoess and then try again installing Adobe Application Manager.

You can also check following forum for more details: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4399154#4399154 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikas_CSI, 

I took a look, but didn't see either of those two processes in the Activity Monitor. Rats. I'll check out the other thread.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LA Taz we have reports that installing the Adobe Application Manager from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4774 resolves these difficulties.  Can you please try installing and report back with your results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I tried the other installer, but it gave me an error of its own - "Installer failed to initialize. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem."  I downloaded the Advisor, and ran it. It found no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For these errors you will need to review the PDApp.log file manually.  You can find instructions on how to do this at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Cre....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED!

I downloaded and ran the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner tool, cleared out everything it displayed, and then tried the 2nd installer again. Seems to have worked!  It's downloading apps now.  If it fails, I'll post again. Otherwise, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines