• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i share computer with wife. We each have a nook. how do i authorize each of us on one computer?

New Here ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to authorize 2 users on same shared computer (separate win 7 signons) for 2 Nooks.  How can I do this?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you check the ADE HELP FAQ's (F1 key when ADE is in Library or Reading

mode), you'll see the way to change users under 'Authorize/deauthorize'.

It's relatively simple, involving some command keys. You can use this

method to switch between you two.

Hope this helps!

============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arizona- it sounds like taht might work but i could not find any reference to what you describe.

Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can decide to either

1) Share the same AdobeID  (which doesn't have to be the same as your B&N ID)

or

2.) Have different User Accounts on your computer (and authorize ADE on your OS User Accoutn with your AdobeID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim,

I previously used this computer and authorized it ADE (my understanding- once you authorize (ADE) a computer, that's it.  Only one ADE to a Computer, unfortubately, as i read it).

1. That doesn't work.  msg- "no permission to copy document here."

2.We do have two separate user accounts both admin.  Can't get this to work.  It seems that ADe doesn't supp multiple users on same computer.  I can'tfind it anywhere iin help that they do.  Seems silly.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE stores the authorization on a per OS user basis, so as long as there are two seperate OS user, this will work.

I would suggest narrowing down the problem by getting one nook to work with one account.

Assuming you start with your wife's account:

Start with making sure ADE is authorized to the correct account for the OS user (you can check this in the Library menu -> Authorize Computer),

If it's not then you can deactivate ADE by using Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) Shift D, and then relaunch with the correct AdobeID.

Make sure you can view content.

Then make sure you can copy content your wife's nook.

The make sure your wife's nook can view the content.

If you can't then you may need to deactivate and reactivate the nook, using Ctrl (Cmd on Mac) Shift E

After that's working, and only after that's working, log out of the OS user, log in with your ID and lather/rinse repeat with your nook.

Afer you are finished with your account - then go back and double check that your wifes account/ADE/Nook are all still working and you should still be good to go.

p.s. Your problem with #1 is expected if you already have different ADE IDs that you have content authorized to, and you've copied the wrong content to the wrong nook.

pps - Just to make sure - content purchased from B&N does not work in ADE 1.7.2 you will need to use either:

- Nook for Mac/PC

- NookStudy for Mac/PC

or

- ADE 1.8.2 (currently in public beta at labs.adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim.  I needed the deactivate cmd.  That and then borrow book on my ade id and return it to clean up previous incongruence.  Now all is good.-  individual ade auth's associated to each OS user id.  Clean and logical.

Thanks for your perseverance with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines