Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Basic questions. Accessing documents

May 13, 2012 2:22 PM

Hello,

I have few very basic questions. I don't see an obvious way to access documents from within any CS6 app. Is this something that should be possible, or do files have to be uploaded/downloaded from the browser interface? I downloaded and installed trial versions of the Master Collection. When CS6 became available, it seemed to know I was a member because it no longer prompts me to "continue trial." However, several apps show as not installed in the download manager accessable from within CC.

Also, what does the subscription include as far as website publishing. Five sites is what the literature says. Is this five trial sites. I have a site I setup as a test. It's accessable through xxxx.businesscatalyst.com, but when I click "push to live" I am promoted to choose a monthly plan. I really don't need the service, but just curious what level is included.

Also, also, while I can access the creative cloud and it shows 20gb and all apps, my account shows nothing about being a Creative Cloud member.

Sorry for these basic questions.

-Hugh

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 6:46 PM   in reply to TruuBeliever

Hi Hugh,

For accessing documents within the CS6 apps, you could go through cloud storage if you wanted to transfer between locations or computers but saving your work to the computers HD is the same as past versions.

I haven't tested using the Master Collection myself but I would be curious if you launch one of the products which show as not installed within the Adobe Application Manager window does it show as being a trial still? Does just launching make any difference?

For the website question, I was wondering if it might be because you weren't signed in to Muse with your Adobe ID, it should be the same one as Creative Cloud.

Did you receive an email saying that your subscription service was activated? Are you logged into the Creative Cloud website with the same Adobe ID? It almost sounds like you are not signed in or the subscription is not activated?

Also try clearing your browser cache, closing and reopening the browser, oddly enough I've heard that can make a difference in some cases.

Nothing wrong with basic questions, I often have many myself.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points