Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Upload problems with Dreamweaver CS6

May 11, 2012 3:02 AM

Hi

Does anyone have upload problems too with Dreamweaver CS6?
If I upload a file the file on the server is missing after the upload.

If there is allready a version on the server and I upload a new one -- sometimes there is NO version on the server afterwards...!?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 11, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to sportsocke

Adobe staff typically checks the forums after a new release in case of unanticipated bugs, but you are going to need to provide more information like:

What OS are you using?

Is this happening with all sites or one in particular?

What type of FTP connection?

Have you checked the log for errors (Site->Advanced->FTP Log)?

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 6:04 AM   in reply to sportsocke

That's a new workflow I've never come across before.  I've heard of people wanting to just work with temporary files before but never a situation where when a local and remote site exist that you would upload files to a different location.  Can you post a little more about your workflow about why you find yourself uploading a file to a different location of the site on the remote/testing compared to the local?  To be honest I think this is more of the DW developers might never have considered someone in your situatoin.  You may need to post a feature request ( https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform ), but it may still be helpful in case there are others in your workflow in case they find this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to sportsocke

Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly multiple roots as in a CMS or other setup where you run multiple Sites, not connected to one another (ie: not a subdomain, but a separate domain), within a Master Site and you have one Site definition setup overseeing all accounts, and you then redistribute the files out to each Sub-Site as needed?

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 2:32 AM   in reply to sportsocke

I'm having problems with Dreamweaver CS6 upload too. I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) and my problems are slightly different, but may be connected.

When I put a file from a local site to the FTP-Server, the first one usually works fine, all following don't. I have to manually disconnect an reconnect to the server foe each file, which is very annoying. With the same site-structure (everything was imported automatically) it works fine in CS5.5 and CS5.

What is most annoying is the fact that there is no error reported, the transfer-window opens and closes very fast, and reports nothing. I tried changing all possible settings, but could not find a solution.

The thing that makes me think it might be connected to this case is that I also use sites within another. I have the document root of my local web-server, where I develop all the stuff as one site, and I never used Dreamweaver-Sites a lot. But some time ago I started working with a client, that uses Dreamweaver sites and I set up one folder (by now about 4 or 5) inside my local root (and therefore inside my local main site) as a separate site and it worked very well despite the warning that showed up when defining the site.

What I don't get however is why everything worked and works fine in CS 5.x.

Any ideas?

M

|
    Mark as:
    May 24, 2012 12:41 PM   in reply to sportsocke

Yes same problem,

Upgraded from CS 5 to CS 6,  have ~ 50 sites in my list,  all of them that I have accessed so far are having the same FTP problems.

Upload does not always work,  intermittently a file will upload,   but when it fails,  there is no message as to why.

Download,  same thing.   Double click on a remote file and it does not download the file,  nor open it in the editor.

1 out of 10 or 20 times it might work,  but it it cannot be relied on.

Not a hosting issue,  as I indicated,  alot of sites,  that all worked fine in CS5  but not CS6.

ftp log does not have any errors

This is what the log looks like when you try to download a remote file  (and it does not work)

< 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------

< 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.

< 220-Local time is now 14:34. Server port: 21.

< 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

< 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

> USER <removed>

< 331 User <removed> OK. Password required

> PASS

< 230 OK. Current restricted directory is /

> PWD

< 257 "/" is your current location

> CWD /public_html/<removed>

< 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html/<removed>

> PWD

< 257 "/public_html/<removed>" is your current location

Tried passive FTP setup,  and active,   no difference.

shortcuts of Ctrl-Shift-U and D are not reliable.

If you disconnect from the server,  perform an action  (upload download),  it seems to work  but only 1 or 2 times.

but this is not an acceptible workaround for an expensive software solution.

CS6 (downloaded from adobe download manager yesterday)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit,  SP-1

8GB ram, 2TB disk space free

CS5 is installed on this PC as well.  (not going to uninstall until CS6 is stable)

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to RodgerHoll

Join the club.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4436249#4436249

Seems to be a widespread problem.   Thus far, no word from Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2012 7:36 AM   in reply to sportsocke

Add me to the list. I find that if I just keep uploading the file, it'll eventually work after about the fourth or fifth upload. Dreamweaver FTP has always been horrible (at least since Adobe took it from Macromedia), but it's never been this bad.

At least with the severity of this issue, Adobe may actually fix it. The main annoyance is that the first time it happened, I thought it was a coding error and spent far too much time trying to fix a problem that wasn't mine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2012 9:53 AM   in reply to sportsocke

I can also say i have the same issues. When I manually drag the file to its' location on the remote server. Looks like it up loaded. Then I go to my cs5 version. It is not there. I then upload in CS5 and all looks good. Working on a Macbook Pro lion 10.7.4.  

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to mpsoden

I've found that it's often a permissions issue. When uploading with CS6, Dreamweaver wipes out all permissions. If I manually turn the proper permissions back on, the pages reappear.

Be careful, though. Through fault of my own or Dreamweaver's, switching a file's permissions at one point turned them off for the entire site, and we had to access to root in order to restore permissions to bring the site back on line.

What a mess this update is.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to kirk@appletell.com

Thank you! I actually have a simliar issue on another site where the upload dialog box tells me is can't complete due to persmissions issues. Prior to moving to CS6 this was not an issue. It also just certain files or folders like a CSS folder. This is really a pain.

|
    Mark as:
  • Claudia Beck
    51 posts
    Jul 2, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 11:39 PM   in reply to kirk@appletell.com

I am having this dreadful permissions issue too.

I have sites with pages and graphics that are already published. But I have been 'putting' them in their entirety with all relevant files just in case they need them because of the CSS requirement changes from the older DWs.

I end up having to reset my permissions on published graphics that I have not even touched in a year. This is a time consuming nuisance.

It certainly is a bug because the permissions are actually getting changed when being put since these files were already published and had proper permissions to begin with.

Please Adobe, fix this quickly!

Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 3:56 AM   in reply to Claudia Beck

Cerastes wrote:

It certainly is a bug because the permissions are actually getting changed when being put since these files were already published and had proper permissions to begin with.

Please Adobe, fix this quickly!

If you've found a bug, please report it though the official bug report form at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform.

Just posting here won't get the action you want/need. This is a user-to-user forum.

FYI, Adobe is aware of some FTP problems, and is working on them. You might want to check out this message from one of the main Dreamweaver engineers: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4533836#4533836

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points