• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why wont flash install properly

New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ahve downloaded and intalled the latest flash but it is not working Why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more info about your system or else this is going nowhere. Naturally, Flash doesn't run on toasters, if that's what you mean...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been updating flash on my machines for over 10 years. 10 years of hassle, that is.......

I can't update to 11.3 in either IE or Firefox.

I'll try removing both completely and installing again. Report back soon.

I'd like to award Adobe the title of 'The most inept, annoying and virus vectoring software company in the history of computing'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer to problem: The flash update page is still installing 11.2.202.235 on machines whilst reporting 11.3.300.255 as the latest version.

This is unacceptable. I should be billing Adobe for the hours of frustration and hassle they've given me over the years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what's the story here?

The Flash Player about/version check page at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ seems to be saying that the latest version for most platforms/browsers is 11.3.300.255 as of today (May 15, 2012), yet there's no mention of version 11.3 being released anywhere, and the Flash Player install page at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ seems to still offer 11.2.202.235.

Could someone please clarfiy this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still the same.

Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.3 is still in beta; please post issues with the beta release in the beta forum.

Also do not hijack other people's topics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuesday and Wednesday, http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ informed people that flash 11.3.300.255 was the latest version available (ie. release not beta). The page has now changed back to report 11.2.202.235 as the latest version; please get your facts straight before making erroneous posts in the release forum.

Also, do not hijack other people's topics (at least when you don't seem to be be in possession of all the facts)  !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic has been started by user henry122, who hasn't bothered to come back and answer any questions.

Also, this topic was not about Flash Player 11.3, which is still in beta according to http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care if it was Henry VIII who started this topic! I'll have my input when Adobe is causing so many people so much unnecessary trouble.

The erroneous insistence that 11.3.300.255 was the latest release version at the beginning of this week obviously caused many people hassle (especially when the site then re-installed the version they already had, thus implying the update had failed).

Try to keep up with your company's gaffs! If 11.3 had only been available in the beta section, so many people wouldn't have been complaining of an unsuccessful update.

Your position is completely untenable!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry that our 11.3 announcement was premature.  As you noted this was corrected and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines