• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5.5 to CS6 free upgrade - Why can't I get a disk?

New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to convince someone in support at Adobe that we would like a hard copy disk of the CS5.5 to CS6 free upgrade, however they keep sending me a link to Creative Cloud even though I have talked to customer support until I am blue in the face that our IT department wants a hard copy to use for my download?    We purchased the hard copy of CS5.5.   Can I pay the $20 charge for the hard copy?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase Creative Suite 6 or Creative Cloud?  If you purchased Creative Suite 6 then you can purchase replacement media.  You may need to wait tell we send out the software to all of the users who qualify for the post-announce upgrade offer to Creative Suite 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased 5.5 and am looking to get the complimentary CS6 upgrade.   Customer service for some odd reason do not want to discuss how to obrtain a disk.  Last time they sent me a link to Creative Cloud ...... for what reason I do not know, except maybe this is where you can download from the internet.   Our download is too slow and I need a disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has your download link for Creative Suite 6 been enabled?  The support team maybe confused as to what you are looking for do the high volume of customers who are contacting us looking for their CS6 upgrade.  Once the product is enabled for you to download you should be able to reference that to have replacement media sent out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does one find this link? I have Premiere Pro CS5.5 and with a very slow internet connection there is no way that I can download something that big

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have Creative Suite 6 displayed as your registered products under your account at Adobe.com you can then request replacement media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff... help me out here. I can't have CS6 displayed as registered UNTIL I get the install disks. I cannot download the install because my connect speed is too low.

The primary reason that I switched to Premiere Pro CS5.5 was the free upgrade to 6. Please don't tell me that was just a gimmick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to contact our support team via telephone to make the request.  If you go to Adobe.com select Help and Contact Us there will be a telephone option available for your region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this. Go to your account/My Products. Your CS6 upgrade should appear there. Click the arrow at left to display CS6 serial number. (Have gotten only that far myself.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, how do we "enable" CS6? Our internet connection is far too slow for the download version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AZCreative please see message #7.  Since you will likely need to pay for the disc and shipping it is necessary to contact our support team via the telephone option applicable to your region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines