Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Liquid layout is pointless?

May 15, 2012 7:47 AM

So I'm testing out CS6 and liquid layout is coming in very handy

UNTIL we come to the import stage in the folio builder panel...

the only work around I can see is either using the add function ( for a large issue would be ridiculous and would INCREASE work load )

or creating all the alternate layouts - so iPad V+H within one doc, duplicating all the stacks, then going into the indesign doc, deleting the alternate layout and saving as either V/H then doing the same in the duplicated stacks and then re combining the stacks so V+H sat within their corresponding _stack folder

or am I missing something here?

because it seems the USP for CS6 isn't quite as up to scratch as me and many others expected?

- Tim

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to tim.hughes

I'm finding the same problem, Tim. If I create an InDesign CS6 article with V and H layouts and name the file myarticle.indd, the Folio Builder refuses to allow me to import the article. I can add the article when it's open in InDesign CS6, but importing throws up an error that reads "Content Generation Error: The folder "MyArticle" is invalid for import." What's going on here?

Scott

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 15, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to tim.hughes

Importing InDesign documents with CS6 alternate layouts included isn't supported with the current version of the Folio Builder tools, unfortunately. I agree, it would help quite a bit to have it.

Neil

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points