• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to Android Air 3.2.0.208 introduced bug in RTFMP and background application

Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an AIR application for Android written w Flash Builder 4.6 that receives network notifications for Alerts in a senior assisted living environment. This uses RTFMP to receive the alert.

This worked fine in AIR 3.1.0.488

If the application was inactive, the app received the alerts and would play a sound and vibrate the tablet using a native extension.

Upgrading to AIR 3.2.0.208 has broken this behavior. This is a critical issue for our clients! They depend on this application to receive alerts in situations where a quick response is required.

It appears that in the upgraded version, the application receives the notifications and queues them. So the alert is not received until the user manually activates the application. This is not acceptable.

Please help!

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AIR for Android 3.1.0.488 on another device. How can I back this up from this device and install it on another?

Does Google have older versions of AIR for Android available for installation anywhere?

If neither of these is an option, then it would be a really bad day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to forward this along to the Android team for their review.  In the meantime, could you please open a new bug on this at bugbase.adobe.com?  In the bug, please attach your application or sample code so we can reproduce the issue.  If you'd like to keep this private, feel free to email the attachments to me directly at ccampbel@adobe.com

I'd also recommend giving our AIR 3.3 beta release a try to see if it also reproduces there.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also find previous releases of the AIR runtime (and SDK) here:

http://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, I just noticed that we don't have archives of the Android runtime there.  I'll see if I can get these added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Chris.

This bug is in the bug base at https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3187377

Since the application is large and proprietary, I will create a simple, bare bones test case for you. This is very similar to the RTFMP examples posted on the web. I will be out on Wednesday, should have it for you by end of business Thursday.

We were able to roll back the AIR runtime and get our customer up and going. Our customers loves this app, the system can give medical alerts to the Android tablets in almost real time.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines