Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

What upgrades were made to CS6 compared to cs5?

May 13, 2012 6:34 AM

What upgrades were made to CS6 compared to cs5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Steve from NY

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Haven't played with CS6 yet,  And haven't looked at your (Steve's) various posts till I do.

John's link includes 5 Encore changes, including the 64 bit.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2012 10:21 PM   in reply to Steve from NY

There are various new features for Encore apart from the 64 bit support like -

Additional colors in button highlights : You can now export button highlights with 8 bit indexed colors for blu-ray and full color for webDVD

Chapter PlayList support for Blu-ray and web DVDs

DTS HD support for Blu-ray

Upper Field First support for DVDs

Additional slides in slideshow

Various performance improvement features like faster import of images,less time in saving and opening a project

Also, there are various enhancements done for webDVD as well

See the link below -

http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/features._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_ featuredisplaytypes_sl_all.html

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

Thanks for that info!

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 6:31 PM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

shuchi shrivastava wrote:

There are various new features for Encore apart from the 64 bit support like -

Additional colors in button highlights : You can now export button highlights with 8 bit indexed colors for blu-ray and full color for webDVD

Chapter PlayList support for Blu-ray and web DVDs

DTS HD support for Blu-ray

Additional slides in slideshow

Various performance improvement features like faster import of images,less time in saving and opening a project

Also, there are various enhancements done for webDVD as well

See the link below -

http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/features._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_ featuredisplaytypes_sl_all.html

i was in the pre-release program for encore, and all these updates are great.... but my beef for CS6 is still the blasted blu-ray format. adobe REALLY needs to set up a brand new app from the ground up just for blu-ray, or have a different version of encore just for blu-ray. (i would love to see cs7 with full Java capabilities!)  kick the sonic author-core to the curb if that's the problem. i could come up with some pretty complex menus mentally, but it doesnt matter cause i could never actually pull them off when theres that 2 second track gap from asset to assett. its just maddening that i can't do a simple trasitional sequence with dup menus for blu-rays. works flawlessly for DVD though? but not for blu-ray. is that a BD Spec issue that hollywood bypasses by using java? or is it just how encore itself handles the BD table of contents?

other than that, the only features that really stood out to me were the chapter play-list, DTS-MA, and background processing for HUGE assetts for encore. (no more status bar locking up the app for an hour while you import a single 40gb Blu-Ray timeline. TRULY revolutionary!)

if only the 2 second track gap could be fixed. =(

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2012 11:36 PM   in reply to Keith_Clark

Andy,

When you mention Chapter Playlist, do you mean that this feature now works for Blu-ray?  If so, Hooray!!!

Amen to the 2 second track gap.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:29 AM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

That ain't new.  HDV source is UFF, and has been going onto DVD like that for years (after downscaling, of course).

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:35 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

Alan Craven wrote:

Andy,

When you mention Chapter Playlist, do you mean that this feature now works for Blu-ray?  If so, Hooray!!!

Amen to the 2 second track gap.

Yes , Chapter playlist works for Bluray as well as webDVD in 6.0. Also Encore CS6 includes new options that provide more flexibility when you play chapter playlists:

• Sequential: Play chapter playlists sequentially.

• Random: Let the player randomly select a set of chapters to play.

• Shuffle: Let the player play all the chapters in any random order.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 12:42 AM   in reply to Keith_Clark

Andy Ramone wrote:

is that a BD Spec issue that hollywood bypasses by using java? or is it just how encore itself handles the BD table of contents?

This is not a BD spec limitaion which Hollywood people are bypassing. Its the limitaion in En that the BD export code does not have some BD connection conditions set which can transition from one clip to other seamlessly. (This is due to En's dependency on the third party for BD export)

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

That ain't new.

I thnk the problem was that Encore would allow you to set UFF and then happily make it BFF.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:26 AM   in reply to ram8kumar

Shuchi and Ramesh: thanks for this information. Keep it coming!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:37 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Jones wrote:

...and then happily make it BFF.

Thats funny.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

shuchi shrivastava wrote:

Yes , Chapter playlist works for Bluray as well as webDVD in 6.0. Also Encore CS6 includes new options that provide more flexibility when you play chapter playlists:

• Sequential: Play chapter playlists sequentially.

• Random: Let the player randomly select a set of chapters to play.

• Shuffle: Let the player play all the chapters in any random order.

That's great news, thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I thnk the problem was that Encore would allow you to set UFF and then happily make it BFF.

Well that would truly suck, but...no Encore CS5 took my UFF .m2v file just fine.  It was marked as Do Not Transcode.  It did not transcode when I built a folder, and when I opened the folder and examined the VOB, it was still UFF.

Like I said, UFF for DVD isn't new in CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:28 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

That ain't new.  HDV source is UFF, and has been going onto DVD like that for years (after downscaling, of course).

Not if you were using DL. Encore flipped the fields to lower on digest.

If you exported from Premiere to and imported into Encore there was no issue.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 1:59 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Ann, thanks for clarifying the conditions under which Encore was flipping!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 4:35 PM   in reply to Ann Bens

Not if you were using DL.

Ah, that may be the difference.  I never do.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2012 4:46 PM   in reply to ram8kumar

ram8kumar wrote:

Andy Ramone wrote:

is that a BD Spec issue that hollywood bypasses by using java? or is it just how encore itself handles the BD table of contents?

This is not a BD spec limitaion which Hollywood people are bypassing. Its the limitaion in En that the BD export code does not have some BD connection conditions set which can transition from one clip to other seamlessly. (This is due to En's dependency on the third party for BD export)

well in that case, how big of a job is it to fix this "feature?" this has been my main beef with encore since i got into blu-ray in 2010. is this even on the radar for improvements for en? this feature alone would greatly improve encore to begin with. java capabilities would be wishful thinking, but not as important. closing the BD track gap issue, on the other hand, would be a god send.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 2:36 AM   in reply to Keith_Clark

yop, the issue with seamless playing transitions between menus and so..is definitely a huge problem for me.

There is also some other changes that between CS5 and CS6. They did finaly fix the issue with flash export (loop point) and slideshow works better, but unfortunately I've found new issue with flash, when you use transitions between menus, there is problem that it actually play the same video transition for all links...

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 2:49 AM   in reply to joe.fannta

The blu-ray seamless playback issue is something that is yet to be worked upon to make Encore one of the best professional authoring tool.

joe.fannta wrote:

unfortunately I've found new issue with flash, when you use transitions between menus, there is problem that it actually play the same video transition for all links...

If you can provide some more information about your problem than it would be easy for people to help. Information like the Flowchart snapshot, what is the transition that you are applying for all links etc.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 3:38 AM   in reply to ram8kumar

here you can see what it does

and here the structure:

http://fortunastudio.net/test/ http://fortunastudio.net/test/AuthoredContent.xml

I didnt upload slideshow video and main video co after the transition video it will just freeze.

Also it should preload the transitions from the active menu for more seamless transitions between menus...

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2012 5:40 AM   in reply to joe.fannta

I also did a quick test around this and yes, the issue is there. Only one transition is being played for all the links.

EDIT : I also don't seem to have a workaround right now.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 4:12 PM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

What does "Chapter PlayList support for Blu-ray and web DVDs" mean? Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 8:12 PM   in reply to gjkiii

A "playlist" allows you to create a playlist, and then add different timelines to it, in any order you want. A "chaprter playlist" allows you to create a playlist for a timeline, in which you can have one or more chapters from that timeline in any order.

The Bluray spec supports "chapter playlists," but Encore CS5.5 and earlier did not. Encore only provide a chapter playlist for DVD. Now Encore provides the "chapter playlist for DVD, BD, and web DVDs (flash exports).

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2012 9:42 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Yes, chapter playlist along with three different Playback options (Blu-ray and WebDVD)

1. Sequential : Player honors the sequence of chapters you put in the chapter playlist

2. Random : Player applies its own algorithm to play the chapters in the chapter playlist randomly. All the chapters might not play.

3. Shuffle : Here also player applies its own algo to play the chapters randomly but this time all the chapters would play.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to shuchi shrivastava

So, Web DVD is still Flash and will not play on iPads and iPhones?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to GWeglarz

Correct.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers